Tracer reaper widow tier S in OW2?

So with CC being removed and only 1 tank will heroes like tracer widow reaper sombra genji and 76 reign supreme?

I don’t see why soldier or reaper are here since most of their problems come from longer ranges rather than CC
As for the rest, tracer will 100% be broken, widow will probably be like now (if not worse because of better sombra) and genji… Will probably still get outclassed

1 Like

Well I look at reaper and 76 as having more free time the less tanks there are to soak damage from them.

Same with widow if there’s only 1 tank she will have more room for picks

1 Like

Sombra is not the problem, the maps will be the problem, because the new ones have a lot of possibilities for flankers and (at least it looked like that for me) hardly to no sniper positions despite some good LOS.
plus the speed boost for DDs, especially for flankers, makes it all worse.

1 Like

It honestly looks like they haven’t touched the old maps though.

1 Like

Masters level Widows will literally run the game in 5v5. There isn’t going to be enough shielding to stop them from peeking one of the many angles and just ending someone.

tracer yes, widow on OW2 maps probaly not, on original maps probably., tracer will be a nightmare for everyone. normally to counter the good tracer you would just go dva but dva is going to be a pain to play in ow2

2 Likes

Which, to be honest, makes me wonder. Especially since it was said that they will be revised.
(Time of day and better textures do not count as reviseing for me (at least in terms of gameplay))

I believe they said in one of the Blizzcon videos that any changes, as in added cover, would be very minor. Seems like a mistake to me.

1 Like

they can easily tune the heroes so that they aren’t

for example, by limiting tracers uptime by increasing cooldowns it makes her way less effective when she gets pressured out (recall especially would be a huge cooldown to touch, we saw a 4s blink cd as well in some of the pro footage)

with widow, people say she’s going to run the game, but with one less tank i find it hard to believe widow will have as much space! remember, if dive is good, widow is worse

soldier is good based on the footage but i believe he would also be fairly easy to tune back, i mean even on live it doesn’t take much for him to flip between trash and carry

2 Likes

Ha. The joke became real.