Tracer Pulse Bomb Vanishing/ Detaching

Tracers Pulse bomb seems to be disappearing when it’s clearly stuck. The audio ques even play to indicate that it stuck. Please fix, her ult is already bad enough. I’ve also personally had Pulse Bombs detach from clearly stuck targets. IDK why this exists when we have a Favor the shooter system that should protect us from this sort of thing.
Go to 7:30

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it. With the damage it currently does it wouldn’t have killed the Ana there anyway… /s

Also When you throw it but die and so it disappears is super tilting. If it leaves your hand it should go off no ifs or buts, even if it’s ping it should favour the shooter/ thrower.

6 Likes

Latency or a intention blizz feature to balance the game implemented at launch. Take your pick, definitely nothing new.

its the same with mei blizzard and other projectiles. imo the ults should be changed to be more consistent with what we see in the game

If you cant kill me, you are simply too slow!

Matt

Doom used meteor strike which removed his hitbox from the map.

Don’t worry… these bugs never get fixed. I still sometimes get launched into the stratosphere when dvas mech gets destroyed. Been in the game since launch and reported countless time.

These things won’t get fixed unless they happen on live OWL stream.

This is not a bug.
This is latency.

I highly recommend everyone to read this thread:
[PROOF] Projectile Ults blocked by Lag

The odd thing is that is doesnt delete other projectiles, just the ultimates.

Actually… do grav and molten core projectiles disappear mid air on death?

That’s because ultimate projectiles have a slower travel time than most projectiles.

But it does happen though. Pharaoh’s rockets are a good example for this.

Grav is the only projectile ultimate that doesn’t has a cast time. It’s being shot as a normal secondary fire.

Because of this can it not be interrupted and disappear, not even by death, because the game would think you never used it so you keep your ult charge.

The only way to fix this problem is by changing the rules of cast type ultimates, and I doubt the developers want that.

Just to be clear, this is not a bug. It’s latency.

That definitely wasn’t latency in the clip seeing as the guy was only at 40 ping

Nano disappears when you get killed as ana while its still mid air.

It’s nothing to do with favour the shooter or latency. This bug has happened in OWL games before, which are played at LAN with 0 latency. It’s literally just a bug in the attachment of the pulse bomb itself.

That’s what I’m saying. I know for a fact it’s not Latency, and surely the system we have to help us wouldn’t allow this. So by process of elimination, this is a bug.

It is latency, you were dead before you cast the ult. You just didn’t know it yet.

2 actions almost simultaneous, server picks the other guy who maybe had 20ms ping or simply acted 1st.

On your screen it looks like you have time, but in reality that time is already gone.

Killed around a corner? Killed after recalling and get pulled back in time just to die… latency, sever network or otherwise.

So they exist for a moment after death? I’ve had plenty kill suicides with Hanzo/Torb/Roadhog/etc.

So if I shot my grav straight up in the air and I died… would it be deleted mid air? Isn’t this what currently happens with Mei/Tracer?

OR! Is it being deleted during the “cast animation” which extends into a small way into the throw. Ie if Tracer threw it up in the air up very high and she died, would the bomb keep going so long as she had completed the throwing animation part?

Projectiles stay after the player died.

No. Zarya’s ultimate doesn’t has a cast time so it can not magically disappear like Mei’s and Tracer’s ultimate.

Yes and no.

It needs to be registered on the server first.

There are basically 2 moments of the game.

• One that is happening on the client side.
    This is the screen of the player.
  • And one that is happening on the server side.
    This is were all the events on the player’s screen is being registered. You might as well consider this a second screen.

Everything that happens on the player’s screen, isn’t instantly happening on the enemy’s screen. It needs to be registered on the server first before it happens on the enemy’s screen.

This goes incredibly fast, but because there is a large distance between players and the server, can there be a very small delay. Depending on your Internet speed can this delay be extended.

So everything that happens on your screen hasn’t happened yet on the enemy’s screen.

So if you already threw your ultimate and get stunned on your screen, is it possible that you still haven’t throw the ultimate on the enemy’s screen. You could’ve still hold the ultimate in your hand on the enemy’s screen.

Favor-the-shooter will prioritise the enemy and the server decides to not register what happened on your screen and instead register what happened on the enemy’s screen.

You already threw your ultimate on your screen, and because the server ignores that, will the ultimate suddenly disappear mid air.

TLDR:

• Latency causes delay.
  • Delay causes events not being registered immediately on the server.
  • The enemy saw you didn’t threw you ultimate on his screen.
  • But you already did on your screen.
  • Favor-the-shooter will prioritise the enemy’s screen.
  • Because of this will your ultimate disappear mid air on your screen.

I really recommend to read the link I first posted.

It contains videos and everything. It’s really informative.

hope this explains it for you
https://medium.com/@sandshrewz/overwatch-client-side-prediction-and-improvements-7c2bf2206dc3