Tracer Has No REAL Counter

Where did I say “I can’t kill a tracer as torbjorn”

1. Why in the blue hell are you going for tracer as pharah.
  2. You’ll get shut down by the plenty amounts of hitscans in the game.
  3. Again I say. Smallest hitbox, one of the best mobility tools in the game on 3 second cooldowns.

It’s an f-ing shotgun with a ridiculous spread… WHO is MISSING with a SHOTGUN. Also tracer’s hitbox is the smallest, most of the pellets from torb’s shotgun will miss unless you’re literally inside of her. Which any tracer will just, not let that happen.

I’m not saying mei couldn’t in theory counter her. My point is in her current state, she’s a throw pick.

Well then what I pick cree and she just dodges my flash anyway?

I pick pharah and she just dodges my rockets anyway as I get headshotted by the enemy ashe 20 times in a row?

I pick sombra and provide nothing to my team other than hacking the tracer?

I pick mei and be a detriment to my team by simply playing mei?

The problem isn’t that I struggle against her. It’s when you learn tracer, nothing can stop you. It’s so easy to avoid your counters when you’re the smallest hitbox in the game with one of, if not the BEST mobility in the game on 3 second cooldowns. All of her “counters” are just soft counters. Not much to do anything other than mildly inconvenience her. Her blinks make it so everything is just a game of luck and prediction against her.

2 Likes

I think you just refuse to accept you’re getting to an elo where maybe the tracers are out playing you?

One of the biggest weaknesses for most tracers I play is they play away from their team and get no healing. So if you stay with your team you can atleast keep her at bay where she is keeping the fight a 5v6 in your favor.

1 Like

Look I don’t like to have to be that guy, but it sounds like you just need to practice more. People in the forums are literally throwing every idea, strat, and counter to tracer at you and you brush it off since it isn’t flat out agreeing with your hypothesis. If tracer was as good as you claim she is there would be considerably more whining going on about her. But as it stands she is a slightly above average high rank pick and an extremely below average low rank pick.

You should be spending less time calling for nerfs and more time watching your replays and practicing if you want to beat tracer players.

1 Like

LMAO. I never even asked for her to get nerfed. The whole point of the post was me pointing out that she has no REAL counters, is problematic, and is the cause of things like brig and moira being added to the game.

That doesn’t mean that stuns no longer counter her, dafuq?

2 Likes

do you just want doomfist to be the only effective flanker in the game???

You cry that doomfist is underpowered, then backpedal by saying to not give genji the buff when it was EXPLICITLY STATED that the buff was to put genji CLOSER TO DOOMFISTS TIER

and now you’re saying tracer has no counter?

you’re literally just malding because tracer is a doomfist counter. If you’re unable to predict her recalls or blinks as doom, swap to a torb

2 Likes

What brig an Moira were needed regardless of tracers middle of the road success. Also the support roster is so small it’s barely visible in the hero select screen.

Also nice dodge on the rest of my post, were trying to help you out here.

I remember seeing this kind of post about Tracer daily back during dive, but I haven’t seen it since Brig came onto the scene. Because Brig and Moira both counter Tracer pretty well.

1 Like

Nice gifs.

Where is the Torb one from?

2 Likes

I think release brig probably countered tracer unintentionally. She would just delete her instantly if I recall, devs probably didn’t test her kit long enough.

and torb, and McCree

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyDiligentHorseBIRB
heres a 4.6k tracer players take on her counters

1 Like

It is from this video:

It always makes me laugh.

2 Likes

Countering tracer is actually pretty simple.

You click on her head.

I know it’s really unusual, but i swear it’s true.

3 Likes

I wish I remembered when I spoke about anything genji related :confused:

2 Likes

…why suddenly people starting hate tracer when she is not must pick and people rarely pick her because how hard when to play her than the other flanker hero

1 Like

Hey I can list things too to make a hero look ridiculous. Look at ball:

Faster hero in the game with his ball form. Damages and applies cc by just moving around, has an AoE knockup that can apply to all of your team and deal damage, highest potential healthpool in the game with his shield, his ult completely shuts entire areas of the map down bc its burst dmg and cc if you enter it and also has hitscan weapons.

But thats not all, he is also a dog sized hamser that freaking talks through a robot he made himself out of scrap in a post-apocaliptic wasteland called Australia.

Edit: Point is, listing a hero’s strengths doesn’t mean anything by itself. This is the opposite of when Moira players claim her beam is trash bc its just 50dps while in reality her beam has a lot more going on. Its dishonest at best.

The only thing they need to do is revert the damage falloff buff they gave her.

Tracer 76 shouldn’t be a thing but it is

McCree, Torb, Moira, Sombra, Zarya ult, Hog hook, and probably others I may not have mentioned here.

Git gud… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

thats…why brig and moira were created

1 Like

The biggest counter you can hope for as support is that the person playing Tracer actually sucks.

At worst a good player can harass the back lines making it a nightmare to heal.

1 Like