Toxicity, Racism and why I'm leaving the game

Oh, he’s one of THOSE people.

3 Likes

you know every game has toxic people and all other stuff (especially in PvP) but if you wanna avoid that you got no other way than to play with friends or mute everyone and don’t take a chance that they will be good or bad.

Yeah, I’m here? You expect to make an impact with that statement? Well ya didn’t.

You’re just gonna be proving my point if you start insulting me like that, that in the era of 2020 a good portion of humans insult an opposing side in order to form a uniform opinion by force, silencing opposing opinions because they aren’t interested in hearing opposing sides.

If I say an opposing opinion to a group of people, no matter how factually correct it may be, because it opposes them, I will be insulted and they will attempt to silence me even if my statement proves correct. This doesn’t pertain to the topic at hand in particular, it’s a general statement.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. I agree with you in spirit, but I find good guys with some down and dirty attitudes can fix things real quick. When I hear this kind of behavior being directed towards a teammate by some toxic dude, I destroy them verbally. Usually its enough to get them to leave chat.

Anecdotally, I was the kind of large dude in highschool that would beat up the real bullies. That got them to quit real quick. I agree it shouldn’t be a problem, and that one loses the moral high-ground by stopping to their level. But it does have results when done right.

Not an argument against you at all, I’m just as sad about this stuff.

You aren’t very subtle there, bud. You are a whiny snowflake conservative that feels victimized at the first sign of confrontation, intellectual, physical, or otherwise. You are ranting about free speech and cancelling, but are ignoring the free market nature of speech. You can spout your garbage. We can berate you for it.

Its the market of words, and buddy, you are losing.

Darn right we are forceful, and you are scared. Good.

Soon, your ilk will not be tolerated in polite society.

1 Like

I haven’t been whining about jack crap for your information, but when someone mentions a side that opposes mine, I’m going to present my rebuttle.

I don’t care if you berate me for it, because as you don’t have to listen to me, I don’t have to listen to you either.

Never was a fight between who wins and loses, you don’t get to dictate someone’s opinion as incorrect unless there is scientific proof from right and wrong such as me saying the sky tastes like apples.

2 Likes

Keep on thinking like this, man. Demographics are shifting. And they are not shifting in your favor. Time is not on your side.

1 Like

I’m not going to side with whos in favor just because they prove to have slightly more power at any given moment, I side with beliefs that align with mine, not with numbers like a bandwagon.

I intend to, the second we start overstepping censorship and blatantly silencing opposing opinions is the second we start devolving from true freedom.

1 Like

Market of words, my dude. Anti-gay slurs, homophobia, prejudice of many sorts; Those will soon be as reviled as slavery from yesteryear.

You can wish all you want. you can cry all you want, but your establishment lost, your figurehead lost, your messages are in shambles.

A dying breath of a bygone era of hate. Nothing you can do to change it.

So keep crying. Like it effects me any.

Like, you think you going on a tangent numbering dozens and dozens of posts on a video game forum is going to change the tides of history?

And spoiler, you won’t be on the right side. The problem I have with you being “anti-censorship”, is that (as referenced by “cancel culture”), you believe and engage in this crap. It’s a reflexive personal defense you are putting up, not an intellectual one.

1 Like

People keep bringing up racism, misogyny, etc., etc. that’s apparently rampant in Overwatch yet for some reason, I have yet to experience an amount of any of these things that would make them particularly noteworthy, especially when compared to other popular online multiplayer games that do have these problems to a far worse degree. Frankly, based on what I have seen and experience, I’m far more inclined to believe the people in this community are too thin-skinned and whiney.

1 Like

Well, they are children. In many cases parents never bother to teach their children, that world isn’t nice and safe place - it has dangerous parts too.

And people do not need others to have an opinion on something - they are capable of forming it themselves.

I’m not assuming anything, so this is a genuine question. Are you a minority or a woman? Legit question.

Yes, I am a minority living in the US.

Your fantasies are not reality, and they will never have fully come to fruition due to the very nature of the human mind.

Figurehead? Who the hell are we even speaking of.

I am not wishing nor crying, if anything it’s the other way around because theyre the ones pushing for change from square one.

Oh we can do plenty to change it, trying to make the opposing side feel powerless only makes them want to fight more my friend.

Seems to clearly effect you based off your reactions.

You don’t get to determine who’s right and who’s wrong.

You aren’t the one controlling what I speak and think, so therefore you can’t determine my true intent no matter how far you want to go to think you do.

Never said I was.

You love assuming this and that and what’s right, wrong, orange, purple, red, etc. about me, but you don’t know anything and like to think you do.

1 Like

Aight, I was just going to say that not everyone will experience things in voice if they don’t sound “different”, ya know what I mean. It makes effeminate males, and women stand out more, and thusly more prone to harassment. I’m a deep voice white dude, so It’s never happened to me, but I’ve been on the chat once of twice to see some awful homophobia towards effeminate sounding males, and many occasions of sexism, most of which I stepped in for to shout them down.

Lol, are you reading what you are saying? Like an angry person rightly called out. Frankly, I have better things to do with my life then type endlessly on a forum. You, in your incessant typing and comments, are looking awfully defensive.

Defensive people don;t have very thick skin.

Now, who’s crying?

But again, nothing I say to you matters. History is the judge (or your creator if that’s your thing, although its not mine). Be ready to face the music.

Me - “Anti-gay slurs, homophobia, prejudice of many sorts; Those will soon be as reviled as slavery from yesteryear.”

You - “Your fantasies are not reality, and they will never have fully come to fruition due to the very nature of the human mind.”

(For some reason it won’t let me quote)

Now, how else am i supposed to read that other than you hate those people? Lol

1 Like

There is difference between hating and not caring. For the most part, people just do not take part in your personal wars, so painting everyone not supporting you as “enemy” isn’t very wise.

I am not sure, why you two are at each other’s throats, but I will just let it play out.

1 Like

Are YOU reading what YOURE saying? You’re shouting loud but not saying very much, you’re trying to attack like you have some moral high ground when in reality you don’t, you hope by overwhelming me with insults that I’ll shut up.

Oh believe me sir I will, and when the boombox blows up in your face, be ready to face it.

1 Like

Lol, aight. If you are so confident that you will be seen as squeaky clean in the eyes of history, go ahead. Again, in the grand scheme of things this literal video game forum topic is utterly meaningless. But one day your kind of views will be in history books when addressing the far-right era we find ourselves in.

It. Won’t. Be. Pretty.

Have your last word, though, cause like I said, I literally cannot be here all day like you can.

A back and forth comment chain is frankly wasting both of our time.

Just be aware that you’ve make a joke of yourself to these forums.

Confident people tend to not respond to dissenting views so furiously. Take your perceived win and leave, smirking, if that’s what you believe.

…But something is eating you… And that something is a conscience.

1 Like

I think we can both agree that inaction is far worse than any sort of action.