ToS Question About Pursuit.gg

BlameTheController, YouTube streamer, has a link to free account to pursuit on his most recent vid. I though it looked really promising and it does indeed. The only issue I have is that it requires installation of a local agent. As far as I know, the agent only uploads game caps to a site for analysis, which seems legit.

On to my point. When I did the on-site tour, i realized you could see some seriously in-depth stats on other players on the team and their performance. I’m concerned the agent might interface with the game in a way that could potentially violate terms of service. It is a 3rd party app.

I’m posting this on behalf of the thousands of people about to fire up this app. I’ve only used it for a single quick play game. DON’T BAN ME BRUH!!

Thank you. I’m an infrastructure engineer for an unnamed gaming company. I see a LOT of “creative” 3rd party “addons”, hence my paranoia.

@Shinigami Hey, founder of Pursuit here. We use OBS’s game capture to record your gameplay and analyze them on our servers for stats. We don’t inject anything, listen to packets or interact with Blizzard’s software in anyway. So unless Blizzard decides to ban everybody using OBS, our program should never be detected as a cheat. You can find the source code for the client on our download page if you’d like to verify.

1 Like

You can actually upload the data post-match, the default option is manual upload where you get to choose when you want to upload your data.

1 Like

I’m confused cuz I just got this email from blizzard:
Greetings,

We have identified that your account was logged into Overwatch while using unauthorized third-party applications, such as Visor or Pursuit. These programs provide benefits not normally achievable in the game, and detract from the integrity of the game environment.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. This is only a warning and we are not penalizing your Blizzard or Overwatch account at this time. Continued use of unauthorized third-party programs will result in action taken against your account, up to and including a permanent ban, in accordance with the End User License Agreement (Blizzard End User License Agreement - Legal – Blizzard Entertainment).

If anyone knows anything about it, I’d like to know if I can use Pursuit or not.