Torbs Wallride + Other Hero Changes

So I was discussing potential hero improvements with my friends and we came up with a few ideas that we feel would heavily improve the game. There are a few heroes right now that just do not make sense and these improvements would make them much more fun to play as and against.

• Torbs: He needs to be more mobile, he currently is too slow and stubby and can not get in the fight in an effective way. Also his turret always seems to be found and destroyed too easily. Our suggestion would be to give him the ability to wall climb the same way Genji and Hanzi can and Wallride the same way Lucio can. This would give him the mobility to get in and out of extreme situations easier and make him more effective in big fights. Also giving him the ability to build his turret on walls or ceilings would be a fun element that may make the players more creative with they set ups and we would finally see some variety in torbs plays. These changes would make torbs a viable pick once again and everyones favourite Swedish dwarf would finally get the love he deserves.

• Widow: Widow is everyones favourite sniper and she works very well in the meta as is, but when she gets in close combat situations she always has to run away or die. This solution could be fixed by giving her a shotgun as a side weapon which would give her the ability to fight back when she gets snuck up on in close combat situations.

• Hanzo: Hanzo has scatter arrow and if you ever take that away from him he will become useless in the meta so you should probably avoid doing that. If anything, he needs a buff. She maybe just increase his damage and make his normal shots do more damage, that would be nice, thank you.

• Genji: Genji is too mobile, he jumps around and his small character makes him hard to hit. As well as this he is too squishy and characters like Winston kill him to fast. His ult is also too difficult to use effectively and he is not a viable pick in his current format. A clear solution to this would be changing his ult so instead of becoming an attacking ninja with a sword, he turns into a huge tank and gets hulk buster styled armour and extra health so he can serve as a defensive hero in tough situations. This would be key in tough defensive fights and he would no longer get destroyed by Winstons.

• D.Va: D.Va currently is great as a tank hero but unfortunately once she takes too much damage she gets knocked out of her mech and is so squishy she instantly dies. A solution to this would be giving her mech a second mech. She when her first mech takes too much damage and she gets knocked out, she will have a second mech and be able to fight back without dying right away. This will give her a fighting chance and make her more fun to play as.

• Roadhog: The meta currently has to many big tank characters so road hog could use a change in class. Instead of being a big fat tank hero, he could be a skinny defence hero that is much smaller and more mobile. He would have the same ability with his healing and hook but they would do more damage. His ult would turn him into his old self (a big fat pig like creature) where he gets much more health and gets his tanky characteristics back and becomes a force to be scared of.

• Bastion: Bastion is a defence hero and he needs to be able to defend the point or payload but it is hard for him to do his job when he is always taking damage and having to waste his time healing. A solution to this problem would be to take away his healing ability and make him invulnerable to damage. This way he could do his job and never have to worry about healing himself or getting health from healers. His ult would also change so instead of turning into a tank with a big gun, he would turn into a fighter jet with missiles and be able to fly around the map freely. Any phara in the game during the use of his ult would get hacked, similar to the way sombre hacks someone, so that they could no longer fly during bastions ult.

• Mei: Just remove her, she sucks and no one wants her in the game. :slight_smile:

I hope you consider these changes as multiple members from your community all agree that these would improve gameplay and FUN during games.

Thanks!

9 Likes

At first I thought you were completely stupid, then I read your proposition for Bastion and it struck me: you are in fact a genious! I really wish you could have something like that in arcade, it would so much fun xDD

3 Likes

Genius. Blizzard, please listen to this guy.

2 Likes

Hire this person Blizzard!!

1 Like

My mind has been blown by your balancing knowledge. You are the kind of person the balance team needs. You shall be our saviour. ALL HAIL OUR KING/QUEEN (or helicopter idk what you are). ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR

1 Like