Torbjörn Rework | Coming Soon

Google thinks it’s a bug. I don’t remember getting that, and I played Thorb quite a bit lately.

Oh well.

Since it works similar to unreal tournament’s bio rifle did you guys experiment with the different rates of fire like that weapon has?

Like having that option to have a rapid rate of fire that sends smaller blobs but take less ammo of the ult?

I’m assuming there was some inspiration from there, the weapon is a classic :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I missing a part of a post? Why is nobody worried that Thorb ulti is going to insta-charge Zarya?

Dual bubbles walking into the floor cheese is essentially insta-charge.

Speaking of which… where is the PTR? :thinking:

this is so good i love it

I’m realizing the way I wrote this is misleading.

There are 2 separate DoTs, one affects all health types (not just normal white health), and one only affects armor.

This means while a player has armor, they are not taking both white health damage and yellow armor damage at the same time. Both DoTs are hitting the armor first, and once the armor is gone the armor-only DoT is no longer affecting anything since there is no more armor, but the other DoT is still working since it affects all health pool types.

26 Likes

OK so 100 armor and 1 HP is not insta-kill, as with every other damage out there.

1 Like

seriously but what about Mercy? when will we see changes on her?

2 Likes

I’m curious to see how this new molten core interacts against enemy barriers.

I think his Overload ability is waaaay too strong as it is. It’s like hanzo’s ability (which probably needs balancing) but with a shotgun, 150 armor, and pre-nerf nano-boost speed every 12 seconds. That’s nuts! With the ability as it is, torb would be able to 1v1 reaper every time at close range. In fact, he’s probably better than reaper at killing tanks whenever he’s using this ability. IMO it should just be armor and maybe like 10-15% attack speed increase.

2 Likes

Omg thank you, I have been saying the same thing for an hour now and its like everyone is blind.

2 Likes

sir
can you extend the holloween event because in india it is sandwiched between dasara and diwali so most indian might travel or might not play during the event

And the hammer? the famous Torb hammer.

maybe. but the hammer has the smallest hitbox in the game

It’d help to have an example or three

Obviously (to me at least) if the armor-only DoT is applied FIRST the all-health-type DoT will be MUCH more effective on armored foes, and if the order is the reverse, much less effective

1 Like

So the patch is not out yet on the ptr?

Is this a joke? He’s losing a small 25 dmg on his right click for a 50% reduction on spread, he can use it 30% faster every 7 seconds meaning you can spam the heck out of this, oneshot so much easier, make yourself tanky whenever you want, his ult is busted if it’s per second and not just a 1 time hit too

2 Likes

Torbjorn is gonna put ALOT of heroes to shame. People thought hanzo was overpowered but this new torb is like hanzo with a turret!

2 Likes

Awesome, guys! Torb sounds much more interesting now, if not a little frightening. What I’m most interested in is this statement:

I have always imagined Torbjorn getting some level of control over his turret with the rework. So does this mean that it will assist me in whoever I am firing at using Torb’s primary fire? What if I am missing a pesky Tracer with my bullets? Because she is who I am attempting at shooting, but am unsuccessful, would she still be the turret’s priority?

Thanks!

2 Likes

But what about the shield health heroes like Zarya/Symmetra/Zenyatta. The have White/Yellow/Blue Health due to Brigitte. So what will happen if the enemy on Torb’s ult has the shield health? Will the armor be affected as normal with 190 dps?

1 Like