Torbjörn Rework | Coming Soon

would be nice if blobs of molten lava would instantly thaw ice (of all three types)

3 Likes

for how long does the pool stay? And If they walk thro 2 pools will they take more dmg?

if a player walks through the molten core with both armor and shields is it going to deal 190 until there is no armor or will it deal 130 to the shield and switch to 190 for armor them back to 130 for the rest (brig armor on shield heroes like zenyatta zarya and sym)

I am willing to bet now Overload will be OP or by far the strongest part of Torbs new kit.

Compare it to original nanoboost, 50% damage reduction, 50% extra damage and I believe 50% additional movement speed. That was OP.

Overload is very much like a mini nano-boost on a CD, it’s gonna be scary.

i dunno about that turret, 6 sec cooldown is going to be annoying to deal with

even symetra turret has 10 sec cd with 30 health

torb turret has 250 health with 6 sec cd

u can just toss it to enemy backline and harass them every 6 sec… oh its gonna be fun

also it looks that overload gonna be very powerfull, it atleast need 15 sec cd

Currently the duration for each individual pool is 10 seconds.

They do not stack, meaning if you throw them all into the same spot they don’t deal any more damage than just putting one there.

15 Likes

This is very much limited to nanoboost’s availability which is a rare. And frankly, it pales to many other combos.

How do you define utility?

What about Shield Health heroes but got armor from Brigitte?

Zarya/Zenyatta/Symmetra

Cool rework.

That said, PLEASE GOD DO NOT EVER REMOVE NORMAL FFA FROM ARCADE AGAIN.

Thank you.

3 Likes

When :sweat_smile::weary::call_me_hand:

also RIP tracer and genji i guess

turret cd is 6 sec vs genji dash 8 sec
turret cd is 6 sec vs tracer recall 12 sec

also overload is only 12 sec, tracer recall also 12 sec, how the hell i suppose to kill torb with genji / tracer right now

1 Like

I imagine the shield will act like heals and armor will act like armor, so it melts slow then fast into their armor.

He was moved to the offense category so now he has a new more aggressive and active role, I love it

How does D.Va’s Defense Matrix interact with this?

I imagine it would not block Overload and would still take damage.

1 Like

10 seconds feels surprisingly fair. I assume anything under 8 would make it useless. Damage feels fair.

This is actually pretty good. All right Blizzard.

I’m sure I’ll regret it when I get drop-turreted from a bridge in Eichenwalde, but hey, trolling is the spice of life.

The old cooldown was already an annoyance this is just stupid. I know they’re trying to make Torbjorn more viable as the damage dealer himself but gimping his turret with cooldowns is just bad. I know they don’t want builders spamming turrets everywhere but when they’re so easy to destroy cooldowns just ruin builder heroes.

2 Likes

I’m really stumped about these changes. The ult seems weak yet powerful. The basic ability is powerful, but nothing can replace the defensive capability of a 3 turret.

He’ll be better on attack that’s for sure. The changes to his right click are the most worrisome for me. The spread change and the fire rate probably do make up for the damage, but in this game damage changes are usually a lot more impactful than any other aspect.

If you wanted to confuse most people about how good torb will be without playing him i think you’ve done a good job. I don’t think i can form a strong opinion.

1 Like

The loss of his armor packs is a huge blow to survivavility, they let me survive assaults from genji, hanzo, widow and mccree; Torbjorn will have more frequent casualty rates due to this, and reliability on screaming for healing more often, I played the hero mostly for his self-sustainability and allowed supports more breathing space at healing other members of the team. Also I think overload needs to be longer, it needs to compete in it’s ‘suppression’ role with his rivet gun against cover peeking McCrees and Hanzos.

I think I am gonna main Torb after these changes.

His weapon was always like a projectile version of McCree, which I loved as a projectile user.

RIP Tracer, Genji and nearly all armor heroes as well, Torb is going to be very meta defining if the changes go through as they are now.