Torbjörn Rework | Coming Soon

for comparison, genji blade lasts 6 SECONDS. and isnt on a 12 second cooldown, torbs shotgun can oneshot

Yes, but we can all guess, we can all speculate.

I am asking for the actuals

I’ll have to watch and play the changes, but I love the look of them. The river gun changes seem nice and the turret level system needed to go. His new abilities seem cool too, although his head hitbox is still too dang big.

1 Like

Nope, not looking forward to this. I don’t care if this rework makes him stronger, or worse. I enjoyed playing Torb as is. Not every turret-class needs to be a viable pick in the meta. Let people have their cheap fun setting up pirate ships.

Yes, you can still set up a pirate ship, but it won’t feel the same. The only thing I like about this change is his armor ability removed. But all these other changes are a bit much to take in. I’d rather have a new turret-hero come out a year from now than for them to take away the kit of an existing hero.

1 Like

Looks like there is finally a good rework after Symmetra 2.0 in November 2016!
The rivert gun QoL buffs are nice
The turret is just great
Overload looks super fun
Molten Claw looks bad, but I think its the opposite of Sym’s new Ult: Looks useless but is actually game-changeing

1. Nope. Effects that damage only one type of health cannot “bleed over” into other health pool types.

2. Each individual pool is actually a small sphere, so there is some height to them as well.

7 Likes

thank you.

Sounds like a big leaper like Winston wont be affected, but a regular leaper like Soldier might be affected

1. why did you (plural) choose to not adjust the size of Torb’s hit and crit boxes when your stated aim was to adjust folks perceptions of Torb and a large part of said negative perception is these boxes are overally large for this smaller character, resulting in easy(ier) kills on this character?
1 Like

Seeming Hanzo’s ult deals 300dps at it centre (150dps per dragon) and both ults seem to be zoning ults and easily avoidable, it seems pretty weak honestly and I always thought Hanzo’s ult was weak.

Dont know about that, Seems to me torbs ult will be very easy for a group to dodge and avoid… pretty much like hanzo dragons, people will just walk away from the hazardous area but well see.

Does Molten core go through barriers?

1 Like

Nobody knows yet. we will see.

1 Like

It looks to me it behaves like a projectile until it hits the floor, so I think it would bounce off shield

1 Like

The projectiles are blocked/bounce off barriers, but once it creates a pool on the ground the area damage ignore barriers for purposes of LOS checks. The pools themselves still deal damage to barriers, they just can’t be blocked by them.

7 Likes

The changes look pretty cool but I have to ask

Why not give him this lava pool attack as his secondary ability and keep the original molten core as his ultimate?

Of course it would be a less powerful version of the lava pool ability

what happens if he hasnt hit someone? does it default to how it works now? what if the target that the turret had is no longer in los? does it go back to the person once they are? does it switch to another target using some other targetting mechanic?

i could actually use a bit more explanation on this one part…

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot to point that out. Updating the Table!

Well with him having 10 different shots he can space it out and treat it like Hammonds mines.

I’m wondering what happens if the ult hits someone directly actually does it not do damage? (If you see this Geoff let me know!)

It also sounds like placement matters. For example, if they are near each other like in the video, you get fried but if spread around like your DPI is wrong you may be able to jump them and have them affect you less.

This is actually kinda nice.

I shudder to think the trolling of throwing the turret entails and I feel like you can just one-shot Mercy and have the turret kill her but it looks like it’s a good rework.

I disagree with that.

Mei is a very utility heavy hero and while she’s not on top of the meta, she’s in a very good place at the moment. With high levels of communication, Sombra can also be very strong.

I believe they could have come up with some utility that works for torb instead of the armor packs that doesn’t either fizzle or snowball, while still having him be sufficiently impactful by himself.

1 Like

But…but… I liked Torbs armor packs. ;(
YOu were able to support your team pretty well with these. What now?

2 Likes