Torbjörn Rework | Coming Soon

Why does Overload give him 150 Armor + attack speed + movement speed, on a 12 second cooldown, yet Brigitte’s ult only gives 100 armor?

I like these changes very much so, however, Torbjorn is now literally meant to counter Brigitte & armor in general, especially with his new ultimate.

I think they should revert the changes to Brigitte’s ultimate. The armor being “too strong” because it was permanent was and, even more so now, is a shaky argument in my opinion

1 Like

This changes are looking awesome! Another succesfull rework

1 Like

They told us how much it does though 130 dps to non armor and 190 to armor.

100 armor to the whole team. Armor is ridiculously strong and helps shut down several heroes on its own. Additionally, her base kit is also really good.

People have been wanting a better counter to armor. I think this is a reasonable way to go about it, especially since it is locked into his ult.

4 Likes

As a person who plays Torbjorn all the time, I think the rework is great and expands his options quite a bit. Not having armor packs anymore stings a little bit since I really liked the extra durability. I hope he gets some small amount of base armor or something to compensate, maybe.
I used to play Symmetra all the time but once I got to fighting better people I quickly realized just how awful she actually was. Shield Generator was her best aspect and it was a pretty unhealthy mechanic. Other than the fact that her beam is too hard to use for a character of Symmetra’s speed and durability, the new version is much better than the previous iterations.
I don’t play Mercy so I can’t comment from personal experience, but she’s definitely more fun to fight and have as a teammate. I’m not relying on my unreliable quick play Mercys to do their big rez and Valkyrie can often be a good way to motivate and help your team push forwards.

Even if you don’t like a single one of the reworks, your comment was rude and totally uncalled for.

1 Like

I actually kind of agree giving him 150 armor for an E ability does seem like too much.

1 Like

No, it’s just them trying to preserve his old ultimate. His combat ability has been improved from the changes on his primary. Stacking his E with all the buffs ontop of that will just have him overlapping with Hanzo and push Reaper’s pickrates ever farther down.

As it stands now the ability will perform very similar to the way Hanzo’s SA does but +150 armor +movement speed +reload speed. Rn the only thing I have issue with is the increased atk spd on his gun, everything else might be okay but I’ll wait until I see it in game to judge.

2 Likes

I’m positive that his armor would wear off after the cooldown ends. With his huge head hitbox I can’t imagine armor making that big of a difference for the little guy.
His gun hits a lot harder and that fact will only be strengthened with his overload. I can’t wait to check him out in PTR.

3 Likes

When? The PTR has yet to update.

2 Likes

I bet the Pharah rework is going to take her jet pack away and give it to Ana.

5 Likes

Wow this torbjorn rework looks very great! It seems they tried to fill a style similar to battle engy(mini sentry) from tf2. I cannot wait to play this on the ptr when it comes out!

4 Likes

Here’s a question regarding this:

How will the new Molten Core interact against these cases where the character currently doesn’t have the armor part of their health pool? Would it still deal the 190 damage, or would it drop to 130? (Refer to the case below.)

For example, take a D.Va who has 399/600 HP left for her mech. That results in a current HP of 399 health plus 0 armor, since the first 200 HP in her mech’s health pool is armor. Would the D.Va still be taking 190 damage from this, or would it go down to 130?
(Assume she is not being healed in this case.)

2 Likes

I’m glad that you’re being your usual optimist self but, isn’t the new molten core going to burn up a lot of grass?

I like that the “Rivet Gun” example shows him shooting McCree because I don’t see why you would play McCree when Torb’s gun does the same amount of damage, and now he has faster rate of fire, an insanely powerful cooldown ability, and a zoning ult that does extra damage to armor.

3 Likes

This ability seems very powerful to me. It’s like Hanzo’s storm bow on steroids.

2 Likes

But overload isn’t an ultimate ability, its on a 12 second cooldown. Its pretty much Brig’s old ultimate on cooldoown, for himself.

Hence why (in my opinion), it makes sense for an [u l t i m a t e] ability to be strong in that way. Now they just added in another counter to its weaker form.

Majority of complaints about Brigitte would be shield bash not her ultimate

thats’s a good question, but I think it should do the normal 130 damage. that makes sense at least. and i assume they mean per lava pool and not 130/190 per second

Goodbye Sombra and Tracer one clips. You will be missed. But not really.

Anyone ever jumped over a mud puddle?

Pretty easy, right?

Lava puddle, mud puddle

I’ve been practicing for when the floor is lava my whole life.

2 Likes