Torb rework speculation

we can honestly say torb was inspired by TF2 's engineer, so i think we need to make him his own character, keep the sentry but he was enitially made to be just like engineer but the changes made to him early on left him a biit “broken”.

Broken as in he has a entire scrap meter dedicated to armor, jsut for armor.

THey should work around that scrap meter or remove it entirely. I would say, Buff the turret but make it that repairing it costs scrap. Something along those lines.

These are pretty neat.

One suggestion I made in the past had two forms.

1. His turret would auto-upgrade over time, and he could speed it up himself. If he hammers it the whole time, it’d be faster than it is currently.

2. He places his turret as its level 2 version; level 1 no longer exists.

However, after seeing the OP here, I’ve thought of a new one:

1. Torb may now have 2 turrets up, but only as level 1s. Their HP gets a slight increase, along with their fire-rate. Keep a cooldown on it, so that he cannot just plop down two instantly, but short enough to allow him to set-up a cross-fire given some time.

I’m glad they buffed his armor pack generation in the past, but this time they need to make losing his immobile turret less detrimental.

Naturally, this is bad news for QP, but…well, whatever. :smirk:

The part about being stabbed in the lower back with a wakizashi while climbing seems more like a nerf than a buff.

oh hi doc remember me we played comp yesterday

Finally he can put his turret in decent locations

I came here to thank you for something else, but I actually really like this. Sorry if I’m kind of necroing here but Id be down with a lot of this.

I’m not sold on the turret changes. I personally wanted its rate of fire slightly nerfed but it gets a barrier behind it and if he stands there and hits it with his hammer he can now control it, pick targets and it can fire a sort of power shot on CD. He’s better and his turret is better but not at the same time.