Top500 Junkrat main explains in extreme detail why he needs buffs

God yeah, exactly. So, business as usual then?

A direct grenade hit will one-shot squishies and drop 250 health targets to 10 health. His problem is that Widowmaker can do the same with a hitscan bodyshot.

His ult is going to get nerfed super, super hard.

1 Like

Well, I guess buffing Junkrat wouldā€™ve made their new exciting addition to goats less exciting, and goats is 90% of what the teams have practiced in OWL so weā€™ll probably have to wait till OWL is over before anything is done with heroes that should counter goats

Actually, Baptist should prove more of a counter to goats than an asset. His ultimate will basically cut their health in half, and a tank heavy comp wonā€™t have the effective range to deal with the damage dealers heā€™s supporting.

Sure his immortality field is intimidating, but it removes a tankā€™s primary advantage: they survive longer than squishies. With immortality field everyone survives the same negating that specific advantage of being a tank.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got my doubts about that, the nature of goats is that they ram into your team, so if baptiste were to example use his ult the enemy goats just rushes to the other side and negates their access to the field. Itā€™s possible that with clever use or the sheer damage makes it very unwise to engage it, but even then itā€™s duration is very short so your team has a very short window of opportunity(get it? Cause it looks like aā€¦ nvm) to capitalize on it.
I could also be underestimating it and itā€™s the tool thatā€™s needed to topple goats, but over all Baptisteā€™s aoe heal and utility feels more like heā€™d replace one of the healers in goats rather than be itā€™s counter

I think heā€™s going to benefit dps more than he will goats, primarily because he can enable dps at range while GOATS is very, very limited to close range.

Heā€™s going to pair magnificently with a good Ana. That might enable a slambulance comp, but any and all of the above can be countered pretty hard by a baptieste + bastion combo.

4 Likes

Baptiste is pretty fun imo

2 Likes

His right click is what I wanted for Junkrat.

Feelssogood man.

2 Likes

From the cut part of Stylosaā€™s Jeff Kaplan interview.

Soā€¦I guess they donā€™t want us playing Junkrat anymore.

#feelsbadman

2 Likes

Frankly, in Junkrat case, I think itā€™s more on the community.

Cause even I have a feeling that Blizz didnā€™ wanted that nerf to go through, but had to because the lower SR people keep throwing a fit about it.

5 Likes

It wasnā€™t even the lower SR people because they donā€™t post on the forums.

It was people in gold and plat.

4 Likes

I would lean more towards silver and gold.

Though Iā€™ve also seen a fair share of plats too.

3 Likes

Since the interview thread is already going to the crapper, Iā€™m gonna be
putting what I wanted to say here instead.

While Jeff words does feel like heā€™s shifting the blame to the community, the community is also not helping as well. I mean, parts of the community got Junkrat primary nerfed, certain heroes canā€™t be touched due to a perceived ā€˜high skill floorā€™ when it really ainā€™t that high, or simply because they feel that the hero is oppressive.

Iā€™m still gonna point out and think Blizz couldā€™ve taken more proper steps, I also feel that parts of the community are just terrible in trying to say itā€™s all Jeff fault.

6 Likes

In the end, its up to the devs to decide who they want to listen to and for the most part, they only listen to the rest of us when it comes to nerfs.

Edit: Heaven forbid they listen to us a prevent a bunch of worthless nerfs and buffs to heroes that they think are ā€œworking as intendedā€

3 Likes

Well, in their defense, everyone loves their own ideas. Sure, they could listen to us, but which ā€œusā€ are you talking about? Iā€™m sure if we both blind-presented our fixes for any given issue, they would be completely different and where you loved your idea I would hate it (most of the time) and vice versa.

1 Like

No, he is unfun to play against
-Mercy

K now I know youā€™re trolling lol.

Either that or heā€™s having a stroke.

Hey CreamGodā€¦do you smell toast?

Pretty sure the bulk of the McCree community agrees with me when I say McCree should be able to roll mid air.

Then Blizzard went and buffed fth.

That kind of thing is what Iā€™m talking about.

Point made.

I think thatā€™s a terrible idea.