[top500 got suspended] the problem with reporting system, and how people abuse it

tbh what is the point of the thread, this is just one of the thousands that were posted, theres no possible way for blizzard to accurately judge which reports are real and which arnt… blizzard chose to rework them because if the majority of the player base reports people who pick a certain character then its most likely busted… in a few days this thread will be buried like all the rest because blizzard have already made up their mind on how to soft fix it.

the only legitimate way to solve it is to make the report system near useless which certainly wont help with getting rid of people who should be gotten rid of

chances are if you are getting reported to the point of being banned multiple times you are clearly doing something wrong…

1 Like

You didn’t address the fact that your original post was off-topic and slightly toxic.

Care to iterate on that?

when the first thing in your topic is [top500 got suspended] its like click bait because when you read the thread its just another sym/torb one trick complaining about being banned… and they essentially go on to explain that they cant play any desirable hero at that rank properly and when you dig for more info they only have a positive WR on 5 low skill heros (reaper, junk, symm, torb, moira). If you claim to be a top 500 I expect some real clout

maybe thats toxic but this is competitive discussion, aside from “wow you played good” anything can be considered toxic

1 Like

Define how I threw the game specifically. Was I jumping off the map? Was I walling off the team? Was I putting tele on a cliff? Probably not.

Do I tilt? Do I play off meta heroes? Do I sometimes make bad plays? Do I not switch my hero? Yes, but this can happen to many different people, and i should not get ban for that.

Also feeding is very subjective part. Was i going into enemy spawn and consistently die or was I flanking and try to kill enemy zen but fail and die.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned top500 because if I am in top500, I don’t throw the game to the point that I get ban from the game

1 Like

there is no real reason for the ban system now that the avoid feature is in the game. if you give people more avoid slots then any player that is truly toxic or throwing will get “banned” by the community itself from whatever game mode it was in. there is no reason to take it further from this point if you cant do it accurately and without ruining the game for others who dont deserve it.

Wait, are you saying top 500 players are not the leading shining example of players that play fair. That they are literally the main source of toxicity of this game?

Well, i’ll be damned, someone finally said it.

but you throw it when your not in the top 500?

Man that is hilarious.
Said heros have some of the higher skill ceilings
I think you meant skill floor but even then you’d still be wrong

Wow you really don’t know what the difference of a skill ceiling and skill floor is do you :smile:

im sure you would know, you one trick junkrat

If the community thinks you should be banned so does blizzard. That’s always how this company has and will ever be. Sorry dude. I wonder every day if I’m going to randomly get banned.

So they’ll watch youtube videos, streams and follow people around on twitter and instagram to ban them from the game for off-site, out-of-game behavior… but they won’t watch these same videos/streams to see that you’re telling the truth?

What even is this game?

1 Like

Reading this thread reinforces what everyone should realize.
You cannot take this game mode remotely serious,
Not only can one person cause your team failure, but a few people that possibly know you play a certain character can and will report you for nothing, but will make up things to trigger the auto ban feature.
Combine this with how the system is setup in the first place… How does anyone think to take it serious?
With the laundry list of issues…
This certainly is not competitive at all.
Name to me another “sport” that is this bad to its players? What other sport can another player or players directly impact your direct success or failure? There isn’t one.

Again I tell you all, in the face of what cannot be changed unless blizzard makes real and sweeping changes to overhaul the system top to bottom, just play to have fun.
Fun where you can find it. Smile while you play, so not attach any meaning or any emotion to the rank and numbers on your screen.
The variables are steadfastly not in your favor. Too much control over your fate is tied to other factors in the game play.
It’s all part of the illusion.
Just play and have fun where you can.

system is abused and gamed by the real trolls who have 5 accts

anyone who plays enough to actually try and climb ladder especially in solo q
is an easy target for a ban

there are some that report for abusive chat for your Hero Choice Alone
because they know

1. It’s automated
  2. Reports stack
  3. Soon or later your banned for 2 weeks
  4. Appeal system is a farce
  5. Game masters seem to not know what they are doing and multiples of the all therre information seems to be conflicting

I’d argue that your all hippocrites
you all behave at some point in some “toxic” way

Professional Soccer / Football has a surprising amount of medieval-like drama, a lot of corruption and bribery, but it lacks the concept of “smurfs”.
Players don’t do the reporting; the judge can be biased and judge wrongly, the podcast can shame on them hard, the coach can be extra strict with you, the manager can just kick you out and any shady people can blackmail you.
Players can however do foul play to try and injure the others with a scheme of being an accident.
One player can in fact be capable of ruining the match and there was a ladder system that was abolished because it promoted selective winning and loosing to shortcut the finals.

If it’s one thing we should be thankful for not having, is MMR and SR being manipulated by selective match losses to make you climb to grandmaster immediately.

1 Like

Wow you are pathetic
Uses someones hero choice to prove a point… which just makes you look like a desperate fool

i have been silenced in past a lot. My new policy if i am soloQ as soon as i enter game.

1. Shift+Ctrl+C
  2. Join Voice Chat + Give Calls
  3. Anyone in chat crying about hero selection or shouting gg gg gg, I mute them, and continue giving call.
  4. Anyone making fun of my Indian Accent, i block + report them for abusive chat.
  5. If i lose, because of people giving up, i leave the game as soon as it’s over and do pushups till i can
  6. Check the chat log and report anyone who is abusing on text. And Find another match after sometime, so to avoid over-lapping team mates again.

I have come to conclusion that these 6 steps will help a person on a long run, and no matter what i do or say, can be miscontrued by blizzard support as toxic chat and be used to silence or suspend my account. I don’t suicide, i don’t sit at base to avoid game play sabotage suspension. If i think people are giving up, i just try to take one or two good picks with widow from base so to avoid “throwing” tag by blizzard’s so called GAME MASTERS.
Average people are stupid, no matter if it’s platinum, diamond or masters. I have to accept it, and stop increasing my blood pressure on stupid kids especially on events when casual gamers are abundant or on weekdays when casual players are soloQing as their friends are at work even at night.

In summary: The report system is very easy to game and abuse. My advice to all people who are going through being victimised by community as well as support staff is to either stop playing the game ENTIRELY, not even quick play, as a sign of protest towards developers, or just play whatever hero you want and follow my six steps.

1 Like

yep
and the community acts like if your actioned against your the problem

meanwhile most of those that are silenced are truly competitive players that the casuals report for asbuisve chat on a regular basis

even though jts absolutely nothing abusive u might be more intense than they like

but mutes and bans going for that is absolutely crazy
they desperately need some kind of automatic offensive pickup on the audio
like they pickup copyrightted music

shouldnt be that hard to pickup certain key words
of a racsit tirade and get them perman banned

however players are reporting for constantly all the wrong reasons and there is ZERO
penalty for fasle reports

1 Like