[Top500 got suspended] The problem with Reporting system, and how people abuse it

Then do something about it… Reach out to streamers, youtubers… See if you can get them to do a video about it.

I am also a reaper and torb main, though unlike him I am only in master ;p. I want to share my opinion on this issue as well.

1. The biggest problem of the current report system in my opinion is that report system is solely based on number of reports that a player received. (Or at least that is what I feel like is happening). This is a huge problem especially considering that players are not objective in their reports, meaning that they would rather blame on others than blame themselves when they lose. In such a case, off-meta one tricks like me and skeptical become a easy target to blame on.

2. Relatedly, Blizzard seems to ascribe the reason for a report after the report has been done automatically instead of looking in to a case then suspending him afterwards. What I mean by this is when an individual is reported repeatedly and suspended automatically because of this, Blizzard will tell the individual that he is suspended because of single event of afk (even though that supposed afk is due to deciding which hero to switch to) upon inquiry. This is very unfair for two reasons. Everyone, including myself, is guilty of not trying our hardest (or arguably throwing) in the game. I’ve tried hero that I am not completely comfortable with i.e. not reaper and torb in comp. I’ve lost hope in the match and decided to work on other things. I’ve also got tilted at the teammate due to several reasons (toxicity, lack of coordination, etc) However, Blizzard should not blame on those instances for suspension, if so, Blizzard should be at least be fair to all players for suspending because of it.

3. This is unrelated but I just wanted to say it. I am one tricking because I am good at those two and not so good at other hero. Before deciding to one-track torb, I was in gold flexing mercy, Winston, and ect. I tried to fill for the team but it did not work out for me. As soon as i mained torb I climbed to 3300, and I am comfortably in master now. I refuse to switch not because of my ego but because I genuinely believe that when the enemy is heavily countering me (mc, widow, hanzo) our team can switch and counter them instead of me playing another hero that I am bad at.

2 Likes

I have barely above 50% win rate, always have more than 3 golds at least with gold objective time even stay on the payload/contesting/pushing(I even flex as much as I can). Still called out throw in gold rank…

A game where you can’t carry your team alone. The community gets toxic then proceeds to blame others based on their hero choice.

Typical overwatch right there

I “one trick” in bronze and silver and have gotten suspended for it. I try, I want to win, but I also want to be comfortable with who I’m playing. So yeah it still happens down there, might be because they all want to be pro, and if you don’t pick who the pro’s pick, look out. Oh and suspensions eventually become a complete lockout of your game, so there’s that too. But like I said I’m bronze/silver so my opinion does not matter, and I’m a worthless piece of ****.

blizzard support is bad, ive given multiple tickets with screenshots that are proof of false reports on my main account on the forums, (due to people reporting me for supporting genji, because the forums are mostly support players) and ive received automated bot responses of “the action will be upheld” Blizz support is a joke, don’t put faith in it, they are lazy and will not actually do their job and investigate if a ban was warranted or not, I guess that cuts into their time at work to do whatever else the people specifically hired to check into reports and moderate the forums does, so nothing?

A lot of the AFK/inactivity reports are thrown in for using the report system also. If you stop to report someone harassing you to switch, even though you are SUPPOSED to report the harassment, for some reason blizz seems to think that it’s okay to ban for actually using the report system.

There is one thing I wonder, seriously… Those who report players for one tricking… Why would you rather players not one trick? Why would you rather them switch to a character they don’t know how to play or think they aren’t good at? You do realize that forcing someone to switch to a character they do not play will make them play worse than they will on that one trick right?

That’s my point. The hanzo asked me to play zarya, and he asked others to report me for being a bad zarya player. How is this even fair?

That’s when you report him for abusive chat (Harassment), and then report him for gameplay sabotage (attempting to force you to play a character you don’t know how to play)

When i report someone, then they report me for being afk LOL

so you were permanently banned? That is way too much. They need to fix their report system asap

I got 2 months ban from the game.

Don’t report mid-match. Mute if needed mid-match, but save the report for after the match ends.

If you are no longer annoyed enough to remember to report people after the match, the report probably would be from gut reaction than an actual reportable action.

Funny that i get banned for reporting someone mid match, but the guy who reported me during the match is still playing the game.

I mean that reporting post-match is usually a good rule of thumb in general.

Agreed, but it’s also not against the rules to use the report system whenever necessary, including in the middle of a match.

It does not ban players who deserve report but who had the worst luck on toxic false reporter teammates that is true (GMs told me themselves in tickets). But Blizz will not change that cause banned ppl are good for them since they might buy new account to play on while their main account is banned - it makes perfect sense since long term players does not spend money on loot boxes cause they have lot of gold so the only way how to make them pay money on the game is the new account.

Plus they just lost all that money because of the EU

I was suspended for stuff like “we need a tank”, “Lucky” etc… and this was in quickmatch! I reacted to bad ingame behaviour in the chat, big mistake. Since Blizzard only analyzes the chat, not what happens ingame. So players can spawncamp, teabag, taunt whatever they like. If this is not reported by many players, nothing will happen. However, if they report a player for chat stuff, no matter what is written and why, you got auto-banned pretty fast. Blizzard employees check only AFTER the auto-ban-mechaings happend. To late of course.
So, better never complain in chat about others, no matter if your right or not. :confused: