Top 500 Soldier sharing replay codes

Since many people, who are under the impression that the system is rigged and that there is no discernible difference between Bronze and GM, have been requesting replay codes, I will offer mine in the name of science.

h ttps://imgur.com/9voq0An

• J8ET4A – Blizzard World (W)
  • Z3Z2Q8 – Ilios (W)
  • DXKSDA – Busan (L)
  • TDZ3X5 – Route 66 (W)
  • 9NMPMV – Watchpoint Gibraltar (W)
  • VCZWX6 – Eichenwalde (W)
  • VKDEJP – Nepal (W)
  • 73AZF8 – Hanamura (W)
  • J9BPH9 – Blizzard World (L)
  • 0XVRZ6 – Dorado (W)

Additonal replays:

• H4QQ3V – Lijang Tower (W)
  • 5BJF5G – Busan (W)
  • Q8PARZ – Hollywood (W)

All matches have been played in top 500. I’ll try to answer any question the material may invoke.

18 Likes

Here before the “rigged game is rigged” cultists.

15 Likes

Also here before the wannabe whistle blowers :rofl: :rofl:

• 100/1 they won’t even watch all of the replays.
4 Likes

They’ll watch 1 or 2 and claim there’s no difference in gameplay :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

That is exactly how I play in my Gold matches, but his Tanks and supports are so better and I only get potatoes, so he is better enabled.

In before someone else writes it :smiley:

17 Likes

Let’s not derail the topic before the derailers have even arrived, lol

10 Likes
  • I fixed it for you…

So I couldn’t help but watch this game all the way through because Gibraltar is my favorite map!!

You guys got pretty heavily support diff’d in the very beginning. But eventually your team picked it up and put things together.

I feel like that enemy Ana was not GM (maybe low masters high diamond)? Because they made some really questionable decisions/positions as the game progressed.

Not that I’m an Ana expert but, once your team support matched, the enemy Ana couldn’t do a whole lot. And they started peeking way more than they should have.

3 Likes

I watched the first half of this game. Looked like a lot of fun.

You guys kinda ROFLSTOMP’d em though.

Of the remaining maps, these are the two I enjoy playing/watching so I’ll look at these later. Bed time :yawning_face:

5 Likes

Yea, that was the clear (and only I think) outlier of all games in terms of game quality. All other games were pretty close.

Edit:

In this game, i had a rough start. We got rolled on defense and I played terribly. On attack you’ll see that I recover slightly, and finally on the second attack, i make some crucial plays in overtime that contribute greatly to the win.

Edit 2:

Was that the Graceful guy? Yeah, i suspect they bought the account. They were always out of position and we had a good laugh about them in VC.

I avoided them and faced them again on DPS on dorado. They played Sombra and got rolled again.

3 Likes

Damn, some high ELO gameplay :grin:

I’ll probably watch the supports and try to learn from them

7 Likes

Then I have a special replay for you: H4QQ3V

In this game, the supports are rank 32, 22, 38, and 67. SneakySquid being an alt of Lv1Crook who is a top5 support player.

9 Likes

nobody says there isn’t a difference in ranks. In the most populous ranks Gold, Plat, and Silver… you will get any of those ranks in your games. and if you’re silver, you’ll get bronze.

Put people at my rank in my games. That’s it. If I should be carrying in sliver on my heals… don’t give me a bronze, and the other team a gold, regardless of what my MMR is. Put me against silvers, until I climb out oruntil I reach 500 to next rank.

Nor should I play against a bronze, with a gold on my team. They are different games at different ranks. Outliers of the bellcurve should have a wider range, IE top 500, bottom 500 should be paired with GM, and Bronzes.

I understand why it doesn’t because of playerbase loss… but it’s really annoying to get this. I lost all my games last night because of this. Gold stomping everybody but me… bronze bastion setting directly up on the payload on Highway… and then badmouthing everybody else for setting up on the corner ( I wanted high ground, but they all jumped down before we say high ground is necessary there.)

Also if you look at my DPS role, I’m exactly where I belong there. I learn positioning for them on this account so my DPS role is definitely poor.

1 Like

There are people that say exactly this; most notably Outside who has been requesting high elo replay codes specifically for this purpose for a while now.

Maybe the devs will tighten the 1k SR difference for parties, as this is mainly the reason why you are getting bronzes and golds in your games. I kinda doubt they will, though.

I agree. Game quality takes a nose dive when there are out of place people in your games. Not much we can do but complain as the ship that is overwatch is further sinking into nothingness.

5 Likes

i doubt this though. I always have different ranks in my games than I am. And I don’t know if I’m falling for a DK, I am almost always against a higher rank… who I hang with, but wrecks the rest of my team. And I almost always with a lower rank. Only on this account by the way. my other account where I believe I belong, hardly ever gets these games… and in all those games, I ALWAYS feel like I’m the cause of the loss, and sometimes the cause of the win.

If Outside says that, I’ve never seen it. I’m not denying your experience with that poster… I don’t think anybody says there aren’t the top people in top ranks… but if he does, that is completely wrong. Most of us who think the matchmaker is broken (rigged) tend to think that it’s not necessarily that we’re so good… but that we play with people that are SO BAD. This is why I feel my DPS on this account is correct. I’m a terrible DPS, but I am a good support, and a better tank.

I am assuming the other account is higher ranked? So then it would make sense that you get less SR variation in your games since you are moving away from the left most bound.

It also seems like you are performing well so the system is trying to account for this by putting you with someone slightly worse and matching you against someone slightly better. Debatable if that’s fair or not, as long as the games are close.

He does and he’s not the only one who has requested replay codes either lol

Now i have said a number of times that I agree that there is some form of rigging in the game, namely what i have described in this comment above.

The matchmaker looks at the performance of your past few matches and matches you accordingly with 11 people to create a game with a predicted outcome of 50/50. If your performance in your past few games was above average, the matchmaker will put a few people on your team that have been underperforming the past few games, and put a few on the enemy team that have been overperforming (and underperforming) as well.

This behavior of the mm is pretty commonly known.

I cannot judge that of course, i have not seen you play.

3 Likes

Appreciate these I will watch tonight after work.

I could even do a VoD review of the positioning and macro in an attempt to understand (and even question/suggest) the gameplay. But I’m a bot500 player are we supposed to know how comps work how map works how tempo control works? Probably not since we’re bottom 0.0001% knowledge.

I’m expecting GM matches to be total magic and as a <500 player I shouldn’t even have the ability to 20/20 hindsight it would all go over my head because the entire ladder seps.

In all likelihood 8/10 of them will look like plat or dia matches with 1-2 smurfs. Because that’s what the ladder degens to outside of top few %.

2 Likes

Looking forward to your thoughts.

(It’s not).

4 Likes

Fair I didn’t remember if you were vehemently against ‘rigging’ I still hate the term though i prefer broken. Also I think GM games would look like mine but faster with less mistakes. Am hopeful for more team work, but I don’t believe in people that much.

1 Like

Also, i’m couching the term good. Good for my rank, you would think I’m bad as a GM. and that’s fine. I’m sure you figured that out, but before someone chimes in and says “youre just a ____ rank”

I think solo queue only comp mode would improve the mid ranks greatly.

Or allow only duos… and within a much tighter SR range.

The extremely rare games that I get in the mid-ranks that:

A) Have no smurfs or actual new players in the lobby

And

B) Have no stacks / duos on either team.

Are actually pretty decent games usually. Unfortunately these games occur maybe like 1 in 8 games. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes