Top 500 ps4 eu is full of pharah mains

Have you tried to shoot them down?

I completely understand your frustration op. I also play on PS4 EU and it’s unbearable. I hear that US console players don’t have that issue but in EU Pharmercy dominates almost every game. However, maybe the changes will do something about that but I don’t get my hopes up.

Pharah was top 500 for a very long time on PS4, even the US leaderboard. She is now much more balanced in my eyes. Her splash damage doesn’t kill people fast enough anymore. But her direct shots can still kill 200 health heroes in 200 shots which is intended. However, she can now kill 250 health heroes in only 2 shots too.

Pharah’s who can actually aim got a buff. People who picked her for splash damage spamming got the nerf. They can’t cheese their way to victory anymore with cheap kills.

Pharah can still be a threat to tanks though. They have large hitboxes and Pharah can easily land directs on tanks. Give her ult charge faster.

As a master myself (I main Moira but play in Master/GM tiers). Pharah is in a good place and this was the balance I and many others wanted.

just come to pc, pharah is borderline trivial to deal with even with mercy holding her hand. i am actually tempted to play ow on console since i am also from eu and to experience it first hand but there is going back from 240hz to 60hz, basically feels like underwater.

Im a tank main im just bored seeing as DVA is the only decent tank against her and i dont enjoy Her

It’s a heavy nerf. All of her counters have received significant buffs, her primary support has been hard nerfed and her damage was just changed so you can’t juggle someone with rockets and have to get double direct hits to kill.

Pharmercy has been gutted to appease the console crowd.

The game can’t be balanced around PS4 EU, my dude

Oh dear me, I forgot that new Pharah completely voids any experience I may have had on old Pharah…

Um, no.

Pharah was, still is, an incredibly versatile hero. She fits multiple roles including dive, flank, and from line assault, now a better tank buster/shield breaker.

That being said, the changes really only benefit top top tier players at about only a potential 2% increase in effectiveness and that’s only in the best possible case scenario, a totally unrealistic expectation even at top tier play. (Based on another forum goer’s post Running the numbers: Pharah changes (math closer to reality)).

The fire rate Increase alone is meaningless without:

1. A base damage increase for direct hits
  2. A rocket speed increase to pull off direct hits faster or at distance
  3. Some form of survivability to pair with the idea you have to get closer to the action to score more direct hits now.

I’m not denying her damage potential and TTK potential has gone up, but it’s just that potential, it’s just on paper, in practice she’s either not effective enough in capable hands, or the rewards are certainly not worth the risk.

Out of curiosity

How long did it take Pharah to empty all 6 rockets previously?

How long does it take her now?

It was 5.4 seconds previously, now it’s 4.5

And how did you get your math on this?

Not sure how this affects you in low diamond?

Actually, it seems that the high ranks of PS4 have a problem with Pharah.

In the dev update Jeff said it would help lower ranks who stuggle shooting Mercy. And I look at top 500 and it’s all pharahmercy. It’s been nothing but a straight buff for anyone diamond and above. It’s absolutely hell.

Pharahmercy has never been stronger.

1 Like

Messed up. It’s actually 4.5/3.75. Multiplied 5 by .9 (for the previous time between shots) and .75 (for new)

1 Like

You’re absolutely right but console and PC can be balanced separately.

I’ve never seen Xbox players complaint either, which is why I said “PS4 EU”

That’s what I was getting at :slight_smile: only have 5 cycles. The first rocket is instant.

Either way: 6 rockets doing 120 damage direct is 720 damage total.

720/4.5 is 160 effective damage per second while firing

720 / 3.75 is 192

That’s a 20% increase- and is nothing to scoff at.

In practice it means she’s gettin off that last rocket nearly a second sooner before old Pharah. “One rocket” can be the difference between not killing, and killing a target.

Even with reload times it was 130 “sustained” damage versus 150 now, a 15% increase in sustained damage. I need to ask the guy you cited about his math because maybe I’m missing something.

But Pharah isn’t a “sustained” hero in most situations. Context is always important. She fires 20% faster. If you’re landing your rockets that’s a huge boost in a lot of real-game scenarios.

Pharas win rate in “weekly” GM has risen 5% basically overnight (on pc). Considering it hasn’t been a week yet, her daily win rate since the change is actually higher than this.

There’s a reason. And I’m not inclined to think “it’s cuz GMs don’t know how to handle all these people trying out Pharah now”

On console it’s fallen a little on ps and stayed relatively the sameness on Xbox. Obviously the dust still needs time to settle- but this is shaping up to be reducing her impact on console, and increasing it on pc. Something I think most people felt was needed?

Curious to see how it goes.

Pharah mercy combo should of been nerfed on console ages ago.

I’m not sure why blizzard has not given each platform separate balance changes since the sym/torb thing.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more, decided to play comp and I’ve quit all over again after 4 games of constant pharmercy duos.

It is such a pain having this every god damn game, her changes did nothing but allow her more ultimate charge quicker so she just barrages everything.

I mean seriously, factor In that you have a pharmercy duo every game that won’t swap because they are literally boosting eachother. That guy on the enemy team dominating as widow because he’s using mouse and keyboard, not to mention CC on console is out of God’s damn control. You can imagine how amazing it is.

The level of pure ignorance when it comes to balancing console is off the charts