Top 500 is mid masters

This is how you know the player base is dwindling.

3 Likes

Really? I haven’t touched comp in years and back then it was 4500. It’s good that people are finally realizing how pointless it is.

I wonder what would happen if I did placements again when I last finished around ~4200 in season 13 or whenever it was.

1 Like

i would honestly like to know that as well! maybe you do 5 matches and let us know?

Now GM is officially the best rank in a game, top500 = pepega

So if there are 385 GM’s on support and GM is top 1% that means there are about 38k total accounts still active? What happened to the 40 million?

2 Likes

How do you manage to forget so many things in your attempt at calculating active accounts?
You are missing 2 other roles, 2 other regions and the entire console playerbase plus there are people who are in T500 range but dont have their phone nr connected to their acc so they wont show up

3 Likes

I’m twisting facts to support my narrative that the game is dead

2 Likes

Top500 for combined is 3k… and there is only 250 people that have played that much :frowning:

2 Likes

an “active account” (by blizz definition) is an account that has logged in once in the past 6 months. This counts alt accounts.

1 Like

But its sorta always been like this early season

Maybe its an xbox thing but the highest i ever report T500 being at the start of a season was like 4050

Depending on the context and in order to inflate numbers, Activision/Blizzard is believed (confirme?) to have counted alt accounts as separate players. I’m guessing to generate hype and draw-in investors for OWL.

So on top of making money selling copies, it boosted influence; it’s much harder to hide the Top 500 board and every season since Role Queue, it’s taken longer and longer for the top 500 to fill-up with GMs only.

1 Like

Didn’t the season just start?

This post is pointless because of that one point

Too many GMs playing on alt accounts in lower ranks, what a shame.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly lol

1 Like

And other hilarious jokes you can tell yourself =]

1 Like

Hes not wrong, the amount of friends ive run into in lower ranks while doing my own climb challenge is actually hilarious.

Id say 1 in 10 matches is someone I actually know in masters and up playing in gold/plat/diamond right now. Not to smurf on purpose but because of how bad queue times are. Which also shows how low the population currently is