Top 500 combined doesn't include me

Hello dear Community & forum mods,
I’m a top 500 player on several roles for several seasons already and I went for 25 games / role as I do in every season. The normal role top 500 works for me → atleast it does for tank as you can see in the attached screenshots.

I finished playing all 25 games / role and I wasn’t showing up in the leaderboard… so that was a bit weird. Now, after two days, I’m still not in it… I got SMS connected and stuff, cause it’s not the first time I’m finishing as T500.

I’d be glad if anyone can help me or tell me if that is some general bug, what I don’t think…

imgur(.)com/a/vPqi3Qu
imgur(.)com/a/i55srJw
imgur(.)com/a/uq4prx1
imgur(.)com/a/lg6Q3lv
imgur(.)com/a/GYV67ob
imgur(.)com/a/32ptwSs

Greetings ToastedPilot

With the new crossplay update, they removed the option to select your region and the matchmaker now puts you in the closest region based on your ping. Since the leader-board even says, you have 25+ games played on every role. They may not be on the same region.

Could have happened due to a ping spike on one of the EU servers, so the system thought you were closer to Americas. This happens to me if I join the practice range as soon as I start Overwatch. I always land on an NA server with a ping of ~120ms. (Happened once in comp as well)

So I think it’s a flaw in the design of the system or it was just a bug. Cuz you did nothing wrong

hmm. could be a reason for it, but I’m not quite sure, cause I’m still able to choose my region in the launcher and it never has changed right there

1 Like

Yeah you can still change the region but it does no effect. You can check the server by selecting Americas or Asia and then joining the practice range. (You might have to join twice because of the bug) You will see that you ping will stay the same and if you open up the netgraph, you will either see ams1 (Netherlands) or cdg1 (France) as the server in the top left corner. Also if you open the custom game browser, you will see custom games from every region if you scroll down.

I found a post about this: Crossplay update soft region locked everyone

And an answer from a community manager: