Top 500 CFT Title locked?

Hello so for some reason I can’t seem to access my Top 500 CTF player title in my career profile. This is awfully strange as when you look at Comp CTF on my career profile it shows that in Season 1 of Overwatch 2 I was ranked #411. Just after the season ended I was rewarded player title and was able to equip it. But after some time it seems as though it was removed from my account. I still have the item equipped but shows that it’s still locked. I’m too afraid to unequip it as I have no idea what could happen if I do. Anyone know a fix?

1 Like

As it so happens, I am also a Top 500 Competitive CTF player and I am still able to use my player title. However, looking at my list of player titles, it appears to be bugged as the upper right corner displays both the equipped icon and the locked icon overlaid on each other. From a few other posts I’ve read, it appears unequipping the player title will cause you to permanently lose it. You can find those posts listed in my megathread under the subcategory: End-Of-Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Is this what happened to you?

Yes this is exactly what has happened

1 Like

Well then to answer your question, yes, unequipping your title will cause you to permanently lose it. There was a player who reported that they did so, which I have listed in the megathread, but I can’t recall which subcategory it’s under. But for what it’s worth, I suppose we can enjoy using our Top 500 Flag Bearer titles so long as we don’t unequip it or until the Devs decide to fix it, if they ever do.