Too many solo queue games are against 6 stacks

probably 1 in 10 games now is myself and duo-queues vs a 6 stack

6 stack should only ever go up against other 6 stacks

2 Likes

Are you playing Quick Play or Competitive?

This is relatively normal in quick play for many reasons. When players leaves, the matchmaker tries to keep a current game running, so it will quickly refill players as necessary and when it comes to larger groups, it doesn’t always have the chance to fill with another large group.

In Competitive it doesn’t happen nearly as often but it is possible. Yes technically it is supposed to match groups of equal size together whenever possible, but even then it can’t always find another 6-stack to pair with.

As a matter of personal opinion, I wish group priority wasn’t even a protocol in matchmaking and that any group size and the combination can face against anything. This would encourage both grouping up and encourage players whether they are not in a group or not to be better team players rather than bank on solo carrying in the chaos of single and duo-queues in a more disorganized game at the same skill rating.

1 Like

This games playerbase is starting to shrink.

Make friends now so you can get into a 6 stack.

this is in competitive, constantly running into 6 stacks which is complete BS. I don’t care if it takes them 4 hours to find a game they should not be going up against solos and duos.

If this does have to happen then match them against players 1000+ SR above them.

1 Like

Sorry, but they deserve to play too and they are willing to work together to win. That should not be punished because you can’t be a team player.

2 Likes

Do you really think a six stack would be able to make up a 1000 sr difference through coordination?

I mean if it’s QP you can hit tab to see if it’s a six stack and leave during select. You aren’t penalized as long as the character select timer hasn’t expired.

If it’s a game in progress that you’re backfilling you’re screwed though.

couldn’t care less about solo vs 6 stack in QP.

It’s a big problem with competitive. For some reason it’s happening a ton more lately than it did ever before.

I do not really care either. If you want to take the game that seriously, you can either wait or face more competent opponents.

1 Like

At the expense of solo/duo players?

Girl… u really think that’s realistic?

6 stacks should never be queued against solo players, ever.

1 Like

Once again, whether you play solo queue or in a group, playing and working together is the first fundamental to winning.

No thanks. When the wife and I notice that in QP, since we always check while still in the Hero select lobby, we dodge that lobby and find a game that isn’t against a 6-stack.

Not interested in playing against a 6-stack, and refuse to do so for any reasons.

1 Like

But they are though it happens rarely. See this post for further details:

That’s besides the point. You said 6 stacks deserves to play too and should not be punished. I agree.

Likewise, solos and duos also deserve a fair match and should not be punished for not 6 stacking. Don’t you think?

1 Like

For starters how do you know if the said six stack is a fully coordinated group that meets up every night to play or if it is a fresh batch of players who never played together from the LFG?

Why should who you face alter any determination on how much you work togethter with your team?

There is no perfect solution, and that is why there is a growing cause for role queue/forced 2-2-2 to become a thing in Overwatch. In any case, I firmly believe that the players who are willing to work together as a team deserves to have an advantage over those who don’t whether they group up or not.

The whole “regular six stacks facing LFG randos” is why the LFG was such a failure. Who wants to group up with what is essentially 6 Solo Queuers and take on a substantially increased chance of going up against a well practiced stack?

Not that there was much of a way to avoid it. If LFG players could avoid practiced stacks then those stacks would have just formed up and queued through LFG.

2-2-2 will at least allow for fewer situations for Solo Q players that are innately stacked against them. (Like getting matched with 4+ one tricks of the same role)

Exactly, Cytrode. Exactly.

I don’t know if a 6 stacks is coordinated or not. But by logic, if you take, say 1000, groups of solo/duos and 1000 groups of 6 stacks, the 6 stack group is more often to be coordinated.

Also, a team who is willing to work together should be matched against another team who is willing to work together. Simple.

It annoys me how solos/duos are being portrayed as second grade citizens who simply exist so stack groups can play.

Yes, but you must remember that ones actual skill in working together will vary, it’s why grouping up is playing Overwatch on “hard mode”.