Too many DPS mains

There’s like, more DPS than the tank and support category combined. It’s no surprise that there are more DPS mains

Would you be more willing to play tank or healer, if they had as many options for each, as they do for DPS, or do you just generally prefer DPS?

Im a tank main dude lol

But i’d assume if there were more tanks and supports it would be a bit more even in terms of mains in a certain category.

They dont care about winning/losing its as simple as that. They have fun with these characters apparently even though they couldnt hit a Roadhog in a tunnel.

looks like someone lost a few comp games and blames everyone but themselves. nice

2 Likes

There you go.

Wait, what?

1 Like

You may have a point. I wonder, in general, whether people would be more willing to play tank/healer, if there were more hero options, or if it’s just because they prefer the DPS role. If a majority of the people who want to purchase and play the game, simply preferred the DPS role, then I think they need to make it so that 1-5/1-1-4 comps work consistently. IMO, they either need to do that, or else give people more incentive to play tanks/helers.

Note: “simply to bump”, and “for no reason”. I knew nothing of this thread, and was not posting in it “simply to bump” it. The subject is relevant for myself, and my three children who play the game together, so there is a reason for posting. Posting duplicate threads is against the rules, so this was the best option I’m aware of.

1 Like

I don’t believe the reason several people couldn’t help but join into the “necro” thread, was primarily because they’re so outraged by “necros”, that they just had to jump in, to point it out. Seems to me the best way to prevent “necro” threads from coming back, is to ignore them, or for the forum software to auto-lock threads after they reach a certain age.

Also, we’ve seen that a number of people who have recently responded to the thread, do find it is still a relevant issue. So it’s not for “no reason”, or “simply to bump” an older thread. I believe a lot of people do still find it frustrating, taking losses in games, so 4-5 people can play DPS, and that figuring out a way to deal with this, would still be beneficial to the game/sales/experience.

1 Like

The subject “necro’d thread” is almost two days old. Pretty sure we’ve moved on from that point. But you wanted to see proof seeing as you quoted me, so I offered it.

Yes, thanks for posting it. But now that you’ve posted it, it confirms to me that the prohibition is against posting “simply to bump” a thread, “for no reason”. I’ve stated my reasons for posting in it, and it was not simply to “bump” an existing thread, which I knew nothing of till doing a search for the subject. Meanwhile, there’s a rule against posting duplicate threads, which I was trying to respect, by posting in a previous thread.

But this is, I believe, a mere distraction. What is the actual argument for 1-5/1-1-4 comps? In my experience, and the experience of my children who play the game, those comps tend to lose more than they win, all so DPS guy can be a DPS “heroe”. IMO, they either need to make the game less dependent on tanks and healers, or else give people more incentive to play them. What’s your solution, or do you think 1-5/1-1-4 comps work just fine?

My solution is to work as a team, regardless of who is playing what role or how many are in one particular role.

Playing as a “team” means filling the necessary roles, so the team works, not so that 4-5 people can be a DPS hero. If the comp works, and you can consistently win with it, then good. In my experience, those comps tend to lose much more, because the game was designed for people playing different roles, to work together as a team, not all play the same role.

I hate dps stacks. When we need 2 tanks but the dps duo only play damage. The dumbest thing ever. I avoid damage stack duos because they don’t help the team and are bad damages. The tank player was top damage in my last game last week.

2 Likes

Playing as a team is communicating. 5 DPS and one healer can work just as good as 2-2-2 if the team dynamic is fine. It’s not like DPS players are the bogeymen who will never try to help or switch.

Ok, but I haven’t seen that in pros, or high level play. I have been in games with 5 DPS, where we win, but most of the time, we get shredded, and the entire game is spent being killed and walking back from spawn. I don’t enjoy that. My three kids don’t enjoy it. I’m not convinced it’s generally a viable, winning strategy.

Because you can’t win every single game.

I just noticed this thread is from June 2018. Still, it is a thing that still happens.

1 Like

Come on guys, I am moria the only healer and I got gold damage.

Spoiler alert: The DPS have no sustain and have to spend most of the match finding health packs while you are DPSing instead of healing.

2 Likes

What rank/tier are you? Moira really shouldn’t have gold damage or you not healing or your team’s dps are terrible.

In Master/GM rank. I don’t get Gold or Silver damage unless my team ain’t killing or simply bad damages. When I say something about me having silver or gold damage, they try to step it up and I lose it and they actually start killing the enemies.