Todays balance patch. Youre happy for?

Will be posted around 2pm est or u can look at unofficial notes in ptr feedback section.

It’s been on PTR for a while, I think they’ll post something when it goes live this evening. Nerfs for Orisa barrier cooldown, Sigma’s barrier placement has a 1 second cooldown, Winston got more barrier hp/time, D.Va got a bit more Defense Matrix, Doomfist got a Rocket Punch wind-up nerf and shield nerf, Moira self-heals a bit less, Lucio speedboost is un-nerfed, Tracer has more range, and Sombra translocator is different somehow (?).

Basically they nerfed all the double barrier staples, improved Lucio because he helps Reinhardt, and buffed dive heroes slightly. They’re definitely prioritizing making it more viable to not run Double Barrier. I’m not 100% sure they’ll succeed, but I’m hopeful; Double Barrier is so utterly anti-fun.

You’re likely not going to.

Trash dooms will be ez claps

No, because the balance patch is awful. It doesn’t touch any of the real problems with the game and, at best, replaces power creep with different power creep. The game’s still gonna be in the same sorry state it is now.

I don’t think any of this has changed. Could be wrong though!

1 Like

Thank you so much!
Have a wonderful day Potatoad!

1 Like

Honesttly Im excited for the switch release so I can break away from PC gaming and give my switch some love.

I think most of it is bad.

Symmetra is completely trash, for no reason. She was never even that good!

Moira is getting worse because of whiners during the very short meta she fit into. Very bad. She’s just going to be even worse when she’s out of meta in five minutes.

Orisa is getting nerfed more. Probably too much. She could easily end up too bad to play at the end of all this.

The buffs to Dva are sensible. The buffs to Winston are big, maybe too big. We’ll see.

I think they were crazy to buff Tracer.

3 Likes

Im gonna be so annoying on mid range tracer :slight_smile:

I just want Dive back.

Did they actually push the PTR patch live today? Patch notes are still from the 24th, haven’t been on my home pc yet today.

You have to realize that the format has changed. All the meta’s prior to 2/2/2 are now null and void, and should be taken with a grain of salt when arguing about balance.

1 Like

its Cute people think there’s going to be more variety…

2 Likes

i’ve pretty much given up on balance updates, but sure why not. Winston’s sounds nice.

i just want haloween skins! :grin:

Exactly. I have been predicting Brig would be re-balanced if not reworked under 2-2-2, then it would be Moira getting some kind of adjustment. Her design made sense battling groups of 4-6 DPS before, not now.

Yeah, once the shield meta is gone, I feel like she’s gonna be in a worse place than before. Moira was a good pick when the enemy team did the 4 DPS, hammond & Mercy. But we’re not gonna get Quad DPS comps anymore for obvious reasons lol.

talking about high ranks btw, not low.

tracer will own all. Already pulse bomb buff, now 30% range buff. She will literally ult as often as other heros use their CD skills

Most of the top end players I watch on streams seem to think this patch will not change up the meta much. If this is true I’m gonna be bummed because rn I do not find the OWL meta fun to watch at all.

#reworkmoira :smiley: