Today i tried to watch Contenders

Fix for that…

• Bigger hero roster (at least 2x bigger than it is now… yep, that sound like something that Blizz cant do)
  • Then Hero ban system
  • WAY WAY WAY more balance updates (we need it to unlock new metas)
  • New type of game modes which would unlock new strat. Right now it is only “Fight for the point” which favors mostly one type of comp. What if there would be gamemodes which favors only mobile heroes ? Or that ones with mele range etc. (just example). Like ya know, something that somehow forces new compositions.
8 Likes

During dive meta, sure dive was prob 50%+ of the matches but dive can be played by tanks-Winston,Hammond,Dva,Zarya
Support-zen,Lucio,Ana,mercy
Dps-tracer,widow,pharah,Genji (prob some more as well)
As well as that during dive meta wasn’t 100% dive many different strats could be played including anti dive, death ball, 3-3,slambulance etc
But in goats it’s usually the same 6 heroes with the change of maybe Moira for Ana/zen

I’d like to see a bronze/silver league, players at that rank try a lot of different things that don’t always work but I bet it’d be fun to spectate.

5 Likes

They are pro players. Their only objective is to Win.

The devs should make the best strategy to Win in an eSport be less boring.

Easy fix would be:

New Tournament Rule

• Hero Select screen prevents teams from picking 3 or more Healers.

And what about the dive?

And what change if the game have hero ban system? They will dont have the objetive of win the match?

I think hero bans probably is something they should do, eventually, but I think they got more pressing things to work on right now.

Like better RoleQueue, Guilds, Maps, Heroes, Events, and a huge list of changes that would make subpar heroes more playable.

📝 Patch Notes for 2019, idea
🌟 [RoleQ] 2Flex-2-2 is the answer

Hero banning is a dumb idea. It’ll just create a new problem because youd be banning counters to other characters allowing for a ton of cheesy garbage.

If you want goats to not be meta, then goats needs a better counter. Just like Brigitte did to dive.

Thats it. Simple.

3 Likes

Yep, it may be issue… but easy fix for that is just bigger hero roster.

Nerf Genji reeeeee!!!

2 Likes

You pick your operators at the start of every round and in tournament games there’s a “6th Pick” where one person on each team can change their operator after the two teams have their picks revealed.

Sounds like you’re talking about Dive.

Goats is more interesting than u might think. Just go watch Jayne’s analysis of UK vs South Korea, its pretty complicated stuff

1 Like

Dude… it is boring to watch. Thats all we need to know. I dont care how complicated it is to play this mess but I am sure that even dive was more interesting to watch than this… and I thought that was not possible.

I asked about a ban system yesterday, for the majority of players they’d make those decisions basically maliciously, not to make a more interesting game.

Similarly if you only have bans in Pro play, then you end up in a position where they’re playing too vastly different a game; or complaining it’s unfair that pros get to ban and they don’t.

Just don’t think it would work.

1 Like

Easy fix and also the most silly. Why is it ok with 3-6 dps or 3-6 tanks?

lol @asking blizz to fix the game :slight_smile:

diablo asked for that, see what happened.
wow asked for that, it’s worst than it’s ever been.
Hearthstone is also showing lower revenues than usual.
Overwatch is sliding down that same slope apparently.

it’s not looking too good that’s for sure.
they’d have to do a stellar job with less employees than they’re used to ; and we’ve seen them head towards questionable goals even with their full roaster.
idk, weird days really.

5 Likes

Because comps that aren’t TripleHealer have exploitable weaknesses.

Bans work in LoL, Dota2, Smite, Rainbow 6 Siege, BattleBorn, Paladins, ect ect ect.

Bans are the norm not the exception when it comes to hero based games

3 Likes

Yeah. siege and paladins dont have a lot more heros than overwatch

Hero banning in OWL would be fine. Keep it out of the normal quick play and comp though.

OWL and competitors is boring to watch because they run with what works and rarely vary. Which often means dive vs dive or goats vs goats. Allowing hero banning in OWL and competitors would make these people learn other heroes plus other compositions with a net gain of it being more enjoyable to watch.

THAT IS IF… if you live in the USA or Canada, because if you do not, youll have to stay up to 2AM just to see a SINGLE round lol.

1 Like