To everyone complaining about roadhog 1 shot

Fine if you guys are going to kill my character damage then I want 2 charges of hook and 6 shots in my clip with faster firing. I only say this because they removed his 1 shot before and he was basically useless the whole time in ow1.

Btw since people cant figure this out here are his counters / hook baiters.
(Anna, Zarya, Widow, Phara, Junker Queen, Reaper, Sombra, Sigma, Sojourn, Mei, Hanzo, Baptiste, Moria, Kikiro)

14 Likes

listing hook baiters as counters is pointless for a game with 5 players trying to kill you. sure, it would matter for 1v1s but not in team matches…

3 Likes

only fragile dps should have one shots, for the sake of balance

12 Likes

this makes sense and is how most other characters are balanced. high risk, high reward.

2 Likes

first off it rarely a 1 shot most of the time it a combo. 1.Hook 2. Shoot 3. Punch. and most of the time you get your picks if everything lands.

2 Likes

“Baiting” isn’t a counter as it boils down to “just be better than the other guy”. But there are plenty of people that can reactively counter a hook on their teammates or themselves.

I think the issue with Roadhog is that people for some reason think “tanks shouldn’t have one shots” (except sigma doesn’t count for some reason). Which doesn’t really make any sense since tanks have always had comparable damage to DPS. They just get mitigation in exchange for losing availability of their damage. Roadhog fits that to a tee since his hook is an 8 second cooldown and he’s otherwise stuck with a wildly-inaccurate shotgun.

1 Like

They arent nerfing roadhog, he isnt OP. This forum is just full of low rank people who get stomped by heroes like roadhog/junkrat/moira and make complaint threads.

12 Likes

A lot of the people complaining about roadhog are high elo players lol.

1 Like

Dying in overwatch 2 IS EXTREMLY BAD compared to overwatch 1, and for roadhog to hook you thanks to less shields makes it pretty unfair.

A 700 health tank that can heal should not be able to one shot.

The combo is what most people are referring to. 9/10 times unless the hog roaylly screws up, the hook+shoot+melee combo will kill a 200hp character even if they’re actively being healed.

4 Likes

It is extremely difficult to kill someone who’s being actively healed by a hook combo, since the hook damage is usually required for the melee to finish them off.

4 Likes

This is a completely semantical argument… he instant kills most non-tanks pretty consistently.

In my opinion the game has way too many one shots now that barriers are minimized. Widow is oppressive, Sojurn is deliberately overpowered, Hanzo is very strong, and Roadhog is just boring to play against as a DPS/Support hero.

For Hog specifically they should have reworked him into a real tank instead of leaving him as a fat-DPS one-shot bot. I bet they will try to rework him eventually, but its going to take a lot of work so we’ll all be stuck hiding from Roadhog for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

I watch it happen all the time. I’ve been playing a lot of support (particularly Mercy) to get the weekly challenges done for the assists/saves, and I play a lot of CTF where hogs are ever present in every game.

Nearly every time they will still kill the person attached to my beam. It’s really not as hard as you think.

Hog barely does any damage unless he hooks someone. You cannot take this away. He is just a walking ult battery otherwise.

2 Likes

Better write up that plea because if your character is a noob stomper, they get that blizzard axe.

1 Like

A hook combo where the hook damage is healed is equivalent to a non-healed hook combo without a finishing melee. If you think that will kill with any reliability then you need to play more Roadhog and try it for yourself. There’s a reason Roadhog players melee after hook and shot, and it’s not because they feel like adding insult to injury.

And I think you need to play more support into hog and watch as all the people you heal still die.

Like I’m not dumb, I know how all of that works. He’s just still able to deal that much damage. If you dont see it happen maybe the hogs you play vs just have garbage aim and dont deal enough damage with their primary.

That’s not true. There’s teamfights where things can shake out like 1v1 engagements. If you’re tanking as Rein, but a Reaper is pushing you, you really should focus on not dying to the reaper more than everyone else that’s shooting you.

You’re right. Good thing Hog doesn’t have a one shot.

This IS important because you can save hooked targets after hog has them. Boops do this perfectly; they’ll mess his COMBO up and the hooked person will live.

Is there a reason healing itself should prevent all deaths? Actually, why isn’t it more healthy for Hog to counter healing? Its like you guys want healing to be the strongest thing in the game, but things have to die.

That’s why I like my immortality abilities to be CD abilities.

I said it in response to someone who said “it rarely 1 shots” to which I said “It does, often even when being healed”

But to answer your question - healing doesn’t prevent all deaths, but I’d love to know why you don’t think you should be able to save someone in that situation?

I’m not debating that it can happen, but you’re looking at somewhere around a 30% success rate because most one-shots run on pretty tight margins. The thing is, when you’re sitting on the other side of the hog, 30% success rate feels a lot higher than it actually is.

It’s the same thing when people talk about the actual hook’s accuracy. Few hogs even at the top level break 50% hook accuracy, yet people think it’s way higher than that when they don’t play hog because they only remember the times they or someone else got hooked. It’s called negativity bias, and we all suffer from it.