TIPS for updating to 1.22

The new Overwatch Archives patch was released and you can review all of the patch notes related to this new version of Overwatch here:

This patch is 14 GB for PC and 22 GB for Consoles. This is a large patch to help expedite patching for future patches:

Also, Lead Engineer Bill Warnecke has posted that the updater may take a very long time to download and patch.

NEW TIP!
Another new tip everyone! I have been advised by some of my friends in the MVP group that pausing and resuming the download can help stop any CPU max usage issues.

Now if you are having problems installing, I would like to remind you there are key resources available to troubleshooting and installing the new patch.

If you are on PC you can manually check for updates on the Blizzard App Launcher for Overwatch. Simply go to the Overwatch Game Page on the launcher, find the Options drop-down, then select “Check for updates.”

A scan and repair can also sometimes help sort things out if the update feature is not working, learn to do so here:

If your update is failing or not connecting, these tips with troubleshooting your download and installation can help:

Console players, if you are not finding the new update on your LiveScreen platform, the best tip is to do a full shutdown of your game console, unplug from electrical power for 30 seconds, plug back in and reboot. Remember you must have the latest console update to be able to download this update.

As always if you need help, please specify details and I will try to hammer through as many posts as possible to lend a hand today!

AFTER PATCHING

After you patch the game, if you are noticing undesirable FPS or performance issues, then follow these standard tips which can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

(^^)v

3 Likes

Just as an update, we have learned that this is a large patch due to changes with the Overwatch file system to expedite patching future patches:

2 Likes

Another new update about the new patch, the downloader may take times to pause or update extremely slowly:

1 Like

Another new tip everyone! I have been advised by some of my friends in the MVP group that pausing and resuming the download can help stop any CPU max usage issues.