Time for me to actually speak on the McCree changes

Warning: I have a bias on McCree, first ever damage I played and fell in love immediately.

Ok, so here are the changes to him:

The gave him Extra HP and that’s cool, I like it, definitely will help him fight people who dive on him. I know some wanted this on other characters.

They reverted his fire rate! I never really used the .42 at it’s fullest so that’s fine. Stun wiffing is more punished now.

But this. Hoo boy, do I love it so much. The buff I never known I wanted 'till I received it. This buffs Deadeye immensely! I’ll get a video link here in a bit, but from testing it, it will do so much in some situations. Don’t get me wrong, Deadeye will still be bad enough to use it as a reload, but this one change will do so much for his ultimate!

Video Link:

Text Description: You can lock on to someone, turn away lock on to someone else, and if you’re quick enough while you’re shooting, you can turn back on the other person and kill them.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m still wrapping my head around the health buff.

So not only can he FTH through any squishy in the game, but now he can survive two full bodyshots from Widow too?

I understand that this may be a buff to soften the power of dive, as you rightly said, but it’s just… baffling.

Yes.

1 Like

Stun, right click, roll off…then Blizzard decides he needs an HP increase. He deals enough damage as it is and has a powerful kit already, he didn’t need an HP increase

2 Likes

and zen can no longer potato volley him

Means the cowboy will be a direct nemesis of Mei. Interesting.

Icicles versus bullets has a new meaning now.

uhhh whats happening fellow mc.leftclick. from my own experience this will put his f tier ult all the way to c tier imo.

the biggest utility this provides is how people tend to focus you when you ult, so if say a tracer blinks to your side you can still pawn her.

secondary effects are the option to swipe the camera so you can start the deadeye timer on priority targets(left or right swipe), and obviously you can get anyone who hides.

Yeah, the Deadeye change will buff it, with it still having the option of being a reload.

For all things it should be a flashbang cd reduction but duration reduction as well. To increase the frequency of using it but reduces its power. He just need to be not baited out flash, that’s all.

I am tbh not happy about this, yes I thought he was shooting too fast so I am happy that they reverted that BUT the health is in my opinions a little too much and the ult… why Blizzard? There are so many heroes that need a buff and you buff someone that has been dominating a lot lately, it would be nice if they uhm… did NOT buff the easy heroes??

1 Like

McCree is easy?

1 Like

Yes! He has been dominating a lot in competitive games right now! I do not play much McCree but when I do play him, I manage to pop off a lot, and I main Sombra… I have around 3 hours on him XD

McCree became Mesa from Warframe. Wait until OW2 and Genji joins him as Excalibur.

So with his reduced fire rate and therefore lowered DPS (16% lower by someone’s calculation) is the 50 hp any reason to pick McCree over Ashe? Ashe who was the reason he got an increased fire rate to be valid in comparison with?

No, but I love my cowboy. He will always be the best dps in my heart

1 Like

I picked him up when Ashe was announced, and he is now my 2nd most played hero. Those dinks. They’re addicting.

1 Like

Yep, and for some reason he was the only hitscan that felt natural to me. I play console and come from a cod background, but the other dps just felt weird, even soldier (who is supposedly cod man).

That’s such a weird buff to his ultimate. It doesn’t really change the power level noticeably but just seems weird for it to be more flexible. I guess we’ll get used to it not being as useful to avoid his arc of vision, though.

LMAO Hes not hammond

1 Like