This year's Archives is based on history

Its a good reminder that Overwatch is, in fact, our world 60 years in the future. They have the same history that we have, and this history-based event is going beyond the past of the heroes to look at the past of the universe.

2 Likes

Then I need a Mercy covid19-fighter skin

3 Likes

So Mercy, sitting at home, watching netflix?

That’s the best way to fight it. :slight_smile:

(or at least how I have)

1 Like

Common people like us, yes, it’s better to stay at home.
But Mercy is a doctor, imagine a professional covid protection suit for Mercy hahahahaha

not a bad idea … but the problem is to propose it in the current state of Overwatch almost completely covered by the development of Ow2. we are stuck in repetitive events, and archives guaranteed a little visual enrichment of the heroes of OW.

it’s … just unfortunate that it was applied to all of the event models, and plus we have three more epic models that … what do they mean? What are? What do this Mercy and this Zen have to do with the event?

Epics are usually nothing for this event. First year had Rein’s epic, Storm Rising had the Monaco theme, the last two it was just epics for the sake of filling in the weeks. There wasn’t really anything you could make an epic for.

2 Likes

this would actually be a good idea. i want to see this.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s not our universe 60 years in the future.
Overwatch takes place in the mid 2070s,
http://ricklancee.github.io/overwatch-timeline/
Meaning the omnic crisis will happen sometime in the 2030s, and I don’t know if we’ve advanced that much to have giant omnics like that yet.

It’s a different universe.

It’s still Earth in the near future - all the history we’ve experienced is their history too.

1 Like

It could be an earth, but it doesn’t mean it’s our earth
like with all the millions of marvel universes.
they have similarities, but they’re not the same.

How about this then - there’s no evidence to suggest that our history and Overwatch’s history are any different.

1 Like

Nah, I’ll just go with different universe.

2040s. Its 30 years before the present, not 40.

It’s a few years off, not hat big a deal.

It is a big deal. A decade is the difference between the first satellite and the first man on the moon, or between the first aeroplanes and WWI dogfights.

1 Like

I said a few years, not 10.
1-5 years isn’t a decade.