This was boring

I have never felt this way about an Overwatch Archives PvE before.

Uprising and Retribution felt good. Felt like they provided something.
Stormrising did not.

I expected previous Archives quality for an Archives event.

5 Likes

How is it illogical?

Their previous PvE event took them a year to make from the moment they completed their last one. That’s pretty much what they said.

It can be assumed that they would take that same kind of care it making an event like this, except looking at the quality of it, it is likely they didn’t take all that time and that they wasted that time doing nothing.

3 Likes

This does not mean the next one will take the same amount of time. That’s what is illogical

Now if you preface your claim acknowledging that this could in fact be wrong and that the only reason you are using it is because of inference and induction then we are fine.

We live our lives by inference and induction, but it isn’t perfect and can lead to some nasty scenarios. We are, however, basically forced to live that way.

You say we can assume it, then contradict yourself by saying they didn’t take all that time…

So, therefore, it was and is illogical to simply say they spent the same amount of time on it.

Like, by your own admission.

Weird, I felt this way every time, maybe this one was worse because I played Winston and you LITERALLY can just hit Shift + M1 and do nothing else. Heck, our Genji just danced most of the time.

Utterly boring mode. OW hero’s are not meant for PvE, and it shows.

It actually took them 6 months, according to the interview Oh Nickel had with Jeff

OR you just simply don’t enjoy PVE?

I mean I’m with hellsqueen. I’ve had a lot of fun in UPRISING and RETRIBUTION than I did in STORM RISING. The flow was better, they were a bit longer, and it was just more fun for me.

One could argue that OW heroes aren’t meant for PVP because of how difficult it is to balance their kits especially when a meta is set-needing to ruin some perfectly balanced heroes just to dethrone the current meta.

I don’t think either of those are right though.

So again, maybe PVE just isn’t what you enjoy.

Ah so again it was in a stream that maybe not many watched. At least with RETRIBUTION it was announced on OWL-and again at Blizzcon (granted on streams that once again people may not have watched).

2 Likes

It’s not that illogical. It’s natural to learn and apply patterns instead of having to be taught the same thing every time.

Having said that, it really doesn’t matter how long they spent on it. Either:

• They spent the same amount of time on it as with Retribution and have much less to show for it.
  • They dedicated much less time on it than Retribution which begs the question; why?

So far, Blizzard have had us chasing fairytales this year. They need to pull, not only a cat, but also 2 birds, some frog eggs and a rhinoceros out of the bag.

4 Likes

I dont know, this was braindead though. Could have saved me 10 minutes, and put the part with Doomfist and the new guy in and called it a day for me. I wont touch it again thats for sure.

2 Likes

I will agree STORM RISING was indeed lackluster.

When it was announced and proven what the team was going to be I was hoping that we were going to use more of their mobility to accomplish things…but sadly that wasn’t it.

I agree, and I will stick with RETRIBUTION and All Heroes UPRISING since I highly doubt that one was adjusted to all the new changes that occurred since its inception.

1 Like

I’ve got to agree, this event was basically the old enemies copied onto a new map, leading to a reveal which was clearly supposed to be special, but clearly just left everyone going “Who the hell is that guy?”

I think they seriously underestimated how much of our enjoyment of the previous two came from all the new enemies. Like, let’s be honest, there was a real extra dimension to the other two simply because we had to basically throw out our usual strategies to finish off the special enemies.

Now, however, we don’t have that. We’ve all seen the Heavy before, and beaten it by now. We know its weaknesses. Especially if you’re like me and played Retribution until you could beat Legendary, there’s really nothing special (might’ve helped if they gave the bosses cut scenes like they did last time).

Not to mention, the new enemies showed that they undeniably did put in substantial effort. Also that’s not at all how I imagined Maximilian’s voice.

Will this event help OWL?

No it won’t. So they put very little effort into it.

Yes but compare Storm rising to retribution

they said it was 6 months in development, nobody claimed a year afaik

Honestly, after 5 times through I am like okay, I will do this on my alt accounts, but its back to Retribution… all this did was cement my desire to play that event over this one.

RETRIBUTION easily beats it with flow, character interactions, and lore building up as to the falling out of the Blackwatch group.

1 Like

It didn’t, I assure you. I am sure the map took time, there was some Q&A time, but the process of dropping light AI PVE enemies on maps and even scripting is something Blizz has HUGE experience in… this was nominal effort. I am not even convinced last year’s even truly took the resources they claim it did.

Well considering Retribution took them a year to make, you would presume they would take this kind of care and effort for other Archive events. Guess not though, explains why it is so poor in comparison.