This roadhog nerf got me thinking (Maybe dps/hitscan favoritism at play?)

I find it funny how people talk about DPS favoritism, yet ignore things that happen with Supports. Like when Ana lost 2 ammo, she was “gutted”, yet when Widow loses 3 shots for her scoped shots, it’s “barely anything”.

1 Like

Its almost like the 3 shot nerf didnt do anything

Plus 2 shots of healing removed is way more impactful than 3 one shot potential shots

Also ana takes longer to reload

As always, excuses against DPS and for Support. It’s not like Ana is still the top pick in most ranks, with only GM and Bronze having her not be the most picked Hero.

1 Like

Nerfed? That’s barely anything but a pat in the back lul

Classic blizzard appeasement. Allow me to quote myself:

Although at this point, they are expanding their scope to include tank heroes and select dps as well, but there still seems to be serious favoritism and a desire to appeal to the most populous role regardless of skill.

Maybe there’s an emphasis on the pro scene now.

With that being said, I’m of the opinion that Ashe is a well balanced hero, and Widow’s status as kingpin dps means that she will probably only ever see minor adjustments to her power level.

Not this again :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Same to you

You are trying to excuse your 2 op dps and many more strong dps with 1 strong support while the rest are really weak, you know she is only strong because she can keep up with the damage (And anti, but we dont talking about that cursed ability)

Hog did more dps to barriers before the recent buff for him btw :upside_down_face:

I mean Widow was not a top 3 pick during double barrier (I think she was 5th most weeks but might have been 4th). She was only “running rampant” during Hog/Zarya meta because she was one of only three DPS who could function optimally out of range of Roadhog and the 3rd is countered by the other 2 (if you really want to run Pharah into Ashe/WIdow then its your funeral).

1 Like

Show me where my excuses are? I simply stated that it’s hypocritical that people on the forums will make two wildly different statements when it comes to the different things that happen between two Roles.

I’m not, you’re assuming I am, when in fact I am pointing out hypocrisy. I hate Widow, and I constantly say she needs nerfs of some kind. And “many more strong DPS”? You mean the DPS that have only just now been able to be played in a manner that doesn’t seem like throwing because there’s no shields and things can actually die? Wow, those guys are super duper strong when they can finally do their job.

That’s why? So was that the same reason that she’s been the best Support for the majority of the past 2+ years? Is that why the only time she’s dropped from the #1 support was when they massively over buffed other Supports in order to try and compete with her? Ok :+1:

2 Likes

Roadhog was quickly nerfed because he’s a pubstomper. Characters like him and Reaper and Mei can occasionally have a moment in the sun but it never lasts long. As much as I enjoy Roadhog I think its probably for the best.

Ashe and Widow did get some nerfs, but minor ones. Theyre a non issue at most levels of play and people like seeing them in pro play. If they’re considered a positive for the game at the top, and are a non issue for the majority of players, then they’re probably not going to get major nerfs for the small subset of players at GM.

Baptiste is a mystery though, no idea why you’d nerf him. :confused:

I’m done queuing in tank queue.

I’m going go dps queue like papa Jeff intended :slight_smile:

Thanks Jeff for killing my roadhog!

1 Like

Do you realise that they didn’t change roadhog DPS to shields right ? He got damage buff, but firerate nerf.

ah yes, Dps bad tank / healer good

take off your tinfoil hat

WHAT?!
What game are YOU playing?! Baptiste was never weak, he has always been VERY strong. Immortality field, 2 AoE healing, hitscan, zoning ult. He was the second best support after Ana and has been a top pick in Masters+ since 2-2-2 was implemented. At low ranks he might not see much play because he’s not easy to play correctly, but at high ranks he was one of the best heroes, if not THE best during double shield.

We’ve all known they favor hitscans/snipers. They don’t favor dps, as most dps sit at trash tier and otherwise they refuse to acknowledge probably. They all have a skill fetish. Widow and Ashe have been OP for quite a long time, Ashe being meta in double shield is the most mind boggling thing.

I don’t believe there is hitscan/DPS favoritism considering we had Goats for a very long time, not only that, but Ashe & McCree have been Meh for most of their lives, Soldier has been meh for a long time, and only Widow has been consistently good & that’s only at high ranks (smurfs in lower ranks don’t really count)

1 Like

The damage buff nerfed him against barriers, but lightly. He got less ammo and less firerate (making barriers a slightly more viable - just make the math and you find his fire per sec actually reduced). The problem it’s they nerfed barriers too(so almost everybody doesn’t saw the viability of barriers anymore). With reduce the damage to the original state, they nerfed him against barriers even more. His lethality on headshots got a little less overall, but now it’s more consistent(shotgun pattern). His damage amp actually reduced his overall damage per sec, just to increase his lethality per shot, so they reduced the original buff per hit to increase the consistency in the right way(shotgun pattern - the original focus), mostly because barriers got nerfs at same time, people won’t noticed that his damage per sec and in barriers actually droped on his “buffed” version.

Note: Reload add 2 seconds

Original (4,2 sec - 900) -> 150 * 6 (damage) 6 * 0.7 (ammo and fire rate)
150 * 5 break a 700 hp barrier - 3,5 sec (1 ammo)
150 * 4 break a 600 hp barrier - 2,8 sec (2 ammo)
150 * 11 break a 1600 hp barrier - 9,7 sec (1 ammo)

“Buff” (4,25 sec - 875) -> 175 * 5 (damage) 5 * 0.85 (ammo and fire rate)
175 * 4 break a 700 hp barrier - 3,4 sec (1 ammo)
175 * 4 break a 600 hp barrier - 3,4 sec (1 ammo)
175 * 10 break a 1600 hp barrier - 10,5 sec (0 ammo)

Now (4,25 sec - 750) -> 150 * 5 (damage) 5 * 0.85 (ammo and fire rate)
150 * 5 break a 700 hp barrier - 4,25 sec (0 ammo)
150 * 4 break a 600 hp barrier - 3,4 sec (1 ammo)
150 * 11 break a 1600 hp barrier - 13,35 sec (4 ammo)

About his damage and lethality:
Original: 150 * 2 = 300 (Random Patern + spread)
Buffed: 175 * 2 = 350 (Random Patern + spread)
Now: 150 * 2 = 300 (Spread)

It’s a healthy direction, about Ashe, her dynamite it’s too OP in damage perspective, just reduce the burn damage effect by half (will at least make d.va and tracer actually survive, and will need her at least do one scoped shot on 200hp enemies - not headshot needed). Her damage on shots are fine, just reduce her ammo a bit or maybe her scoped fire rate a bit. Right now she only need a bodyshot without scope or use her coach gun with at least 5/15 pellets landing on the target.

EDIT:
About the topic, I don’t see favoritism, maybe can appears that because most of the heroes are in there. If you consider that Damage got the sum of Offense and Defense, it’s natural that most of the playerbase are in there.

Offense = 10 heroes
Defense = 6 heroes
Tank = 8 heroes
Support = 8 heroes

Lmao no. Supports cry just as loud. And forums/reddit have a higher percentage of support mains than dps mains.

1 Like

Before people claimed it was just too much sustain and that’s why Widow dominated (and now Ashe). Now that those things are gone, and healers and tanks generally feel terrible to play, ranged hitscan is still dominating. And now this time it’s the lack of those things thats to blame.

Can we stop and just finally admit that ranged hitscan being flat better better than the other dps has always been a big problem with dps balance? That dps class has never been properly balanced among itself?

1 Like