This multiple earthshatter bug is the worst

Do you care to respond to the crux of my post:
MONTHS ON END bugs, without fixes prior. More bugs now.
See this is why this game sucks. You have people like yourself that will defend this madness.

If anyone else cares to respond, I’ll be happy. But this ring around the rosey from the devs needs to finally be called out. REIN has been BUGGED for God knows how long now.

And again, I will repeat this for you. NO GAMER playing this game (or any game) deserves to play a hero who has a BUGGED ultimate. That is just plain out WRONG. I don’t care who it is. That is the kind of stuff that MUST get patched quickly. And as the Chronological patch evidence shows, IT DOESN’T get patched quickly.

Months. On. End.
Either we are going to have some solidarity of this forum, or we are going to go to hell in hand basket (if we aren’t there already).

Introduce more things, add more features and other things can break.

Software is hard, bugs are not always easy to eliminate. And fixing one thing can easily break something else.

Look at the patch history. The chronological evidence is there. It takes them WAAAAY to long. We aren’t talking like a couple months here. We are talking anywhere from 6+ months to a YEAR with this the same bugs! And like I said in the original post, It’s an ULTIMATE. This game centers around and is decided by team ultimates, ult syngergy, and ult economy.

If an ultimate is bugged. It’s a bad gaming experience. There is no spinning this. There is no “is hard” …“it’s really hard”… bull. Blizz is a huge gaming company. They shouldn’t have it this way for 6+ months.

If it was your hero, you’d be singing a different tune. People on these forums are bias as hell. It’s like American politics on these forums. Divisive and lack of empathy.

“Oh not my hero, not my problem”

Disgusting.

People over react to this bug IMO. It’s cosmetic. Earthshatter doesn’t land until Rein touches the ground. That’s intended. The animation playing while he’s in the air is the bug, it doesn’t change gameplay though. Just an annoying visul, not nearly as bad as other things which do infact change gameplay.

Regardless, it’s fixed on PTR. Don’t get emotional over something that’s already been addressed.

2 Likes

Listen. I’m a Mei main.
I have been waiting since day one to have her Cryo-Freeze bug fixed where she can be killed/stunned in her iceblock, so I DO know how insane long it takes to have some bugs fixed.

But I don’t get angry about it.

Why?

Because Overwatch is just a game!

I don’t want to get angry over a game.

And I’m not a Blizzard defender. I have made my fair share of threads calling Blizzard out for their problems.

(This is why I dislike the forums sometimes. It’s whiny sometimes.)

Again. I play Mei.
Ever seen your ultimate dissappear mid air? I do. A lot actually.

Again
Calm down.

Getting angry doesn’t help anyone.

3 Likes

The rein earthshatter bug is purely graphical - it has nothing to do with whether you win or lose. It’s weird and kind of annoying, but all fixing the bug would do is make you not have to watch the animation play over and over.

Now if we’re talking about actual gameplay-influencing things - that Gridiron reinhardt shatter voice line really needs to change.

Its annoying but I still use Rein :joy:

This is good to know.

So it did got fixed quickly.

Huh. Strange.

This is also changed on PTR.

1 Like

Mei players don’t deserve it either. That was the point of my original post.

Hallelujah! What does it sound like now?

Thanks for striking a condecending tone with me. Your snark is not appreciated. And if you played Rein, you’d know his bug history and how long he sat with bugs.

I honestly don’t like you.

I’ve played comp Rein since Season 2 with over 100 hours on him, and honestly his bugs were never that bad. The only ones that really bugged (get it) me were the 180 shield glitch, the thing where getting uppercut can cancel earthshatter, and earthshatter occasionally ignoring shields.

I know everyone has complained about charge and shatter hitboxes for forever, but I never really noticed any inconsistencies even playing at ~4000 SR. Maybe they were all fixed by the time I got good enough at him to notice

Not that bad? There have been mega threads on it in the past by a hundreds of Rein mains… I doubt you. I seriously doubt you. Here is one of the threads from the OLD forum (that proves how far back this goes):

New forum:

1 Like

I know about the megathreads! And it’s always mystified me, because 90% of the time I don’t notice anything. Like recently, everyone’s been complaining about a few frames delay on his shield and calling him incredibly sluggish and unplayable, but I honestly wouldn’t have noticed without the forums calling it out.

Maybe I’m just an incredibly ignorant Reinhardt, but I literally cannot notice half of the game-breaking bugs people complain about, even though I have solid understanding and lots of playtime.

1 Like

Then it’s seriously you. I’ve provided the threads. Reins have talked, and been talking about this. It’s because of their effort that Blizzard seemed to have taken some notice. But seriously, it is you.

1 Like

Just because you didn’t notice the bugs doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

I still have to deal with Rein randomly spinning 180 degrees after dropping his shield. It really sucks when I earthshatter right when Rein spins and end up shattering the wall behind me.

1 Like

Well yeah. If someone starts attacking me in one of his comment then don’t expect me to continue be nice and friendly towards that person.

I do play Reinhardt sometimes. He’s a great character to play.

His bugs however were very annoying
I even switched to Orisa sometimes because I was getting tired of it.

Fine by me.

It’s a bit louder now.

1 Like

Oh please. You cherry picked my post in the most insulting way possible, then, giving you the time of day, elaborated further with videos and threads (from both the old and new forum), to which you replied with a snarky condescending reply.

Again. I honestly don’t like you, and anyone else who cherry picks forum posts to try and get the upper-hand in a thread that SHOULD be common ground (the need for bugs fixes).

Reply if you want with the last word. I won’t be replying to you. I honestly wish you could ignore people on these forums like you could on the old forums. It was a good feature that these forums lack.

I also lose games because I’m 300 years in the future living on the first colony on Mars without even having Overwatch installed on my personalized holo projected AI assisted supercomputer, and I STILL GET HIT BY AN EARTHSHATTER from a Reinhardt I couldn’t even see.

It’s busted both ways.

I’d argue from the perspective of playing AGAINST a Reinhardt, it feels a lot more unfair now than it did before the “fix”. Clearly the devs are struggling immensely to actually get it working properly.

How was I cherry picking your post in the most insulting way possible?

You were ranting about Reinhardt’s bugs in a pretty aggressive way. I tell you to calm down (is this insulting?), that being angry doesn’t help anyone, that recordings of it are more helpful and that it’s a good thing that the developers are going to focus more on hero balancing and QoL changes.

How in the heck is any of this insulting?

And about those videos you posted, I have encountered a lot of bugs with tanks (and other heroes) in my own matches, with Reinhardt being the most broken one.

You attacked me in a comment by calling me a Blizzard defender and the reason for why this game “sucks”.

I’m totally fine by this.
(I really am.)

That’s also fine by me.

I’m fine if you don’t going to reply on my comment, but please keep in mind that Overwatch is just a videogame.