This Mei change is proof the devs can get it right!

Less freezy gun, more right clicks.

Mei mains are happy, people who hated being frozen (ie everyone else) also happy.

The devs have really scored a win with this!

140 Likes

No Mei mains aren’t happy. Their character just became that much worse

29 Likes

Mei mains are happy? Really? They got an objective nerf and 0 compensation buffs.

18 Likes

Endothermic Blaster (Secondary Fire)

• Ammo cost reduced from 20 to 10

Even though her ammo got nerfed, she now has 2 more icicles than before. 10 --> 12

115 Likes

I think we should completely ignore what Mei players think and feel. But that’s me :slight_smile:

57 Likes

Yup, they certainly can…

5 Likes

So how many right clicks would you say it would take before trying to freeze a Rein becomes a bad idea?

This may just be the change we needed.

1 Like

Her wall still needs addressing and multifreeze is still an issue. That said its a step in the right direction. People who think this is a straight nerf or who are complaining about this ammo change lack a fundamental understanding of Mei’s state in the game, at least at a high level

2 Likes

Yep, Mei main here and I’m okay with this power shift.

So mean… honestly.

27 Likes

So… you don’t think she needs any compensation buffs?

2 Likes

She has 2 more icicles

5 Likes

She also has an entire kit which can be outplayed by a brain

2 Likes

She already has gotten one.
The less ammo usage with her secondary fire.

I still want to test to see if she needs more compensation buffs, but theoretically speaking would this power shift be an overall buff for Mei.

The ones who are really affected by it are those who rely to much on her M1 to get value, because this power shift has raised her skill floor and skill ceiling.

23 Likes

Tell that to the 4k+ games, scrims and matches shes been dominating for months now

17 Likes

Where is this change anyway?

The freeze change is actually a big deal because of the length of time needed to freeze people. This may be too harsh and dumpster her on ladder. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Is that why all the owl castors and players were wanting mei to be banned so hard? I guess they don’t have the brains to outplay her :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Yay more sniper Mei!

7 Likes

That depends.
Do you think Meis biggest value is her freeze?

I think it’s her Icewall, and I doubt this will ever change.

Her freeze has always been pretty unreliable, and most Mei mains already consider her secondary her primary fire.

But yes, we’ll see.

1 Like