This Isn't Going To Be A New Thing Is It?

Dude the people in the forums are a small minority whether people admit it or not, most people won’t even care about this, but it will expose it the new beta to alot more people, which is what this is for. The skin is the incentive, not the goal

1 Like

If anything most people who watch Overwatch exclusive streamers don’t even necessarily need as much marketing as variety streamers. Pretty much 99.9% of the audience of dedicated OW streamers knows what up with the beta and pvp launch.
Where as variety streamers can bring in people who never even played Overwatch before, or haven’t played the game since 2017.

1 Like

Donations for most streamers are handled through third-party platforms like Streamlabs or StreamElements and are not directly tied to Twitch so there is no effective way to track donations on a broad scale.

Also gifting subs have more long-term benefits to promote streamers for long-term success as many viewers who were gifted a sub become regular supporters to their favorite creators.

7 Likes

In another thread Andy B. From blizzard called it the “first event” so yah, this is probably going to become a thing. I don’t use twitch >.<)

4 Likes

Forums =/= 99% of the player base. Forums more realistically represent less than 1% of the player base and have pretty well established biases.

Forums are also historically very adverse to change and us trying new promotions like this. The response today was anticipated and factored into our decision making process

63 Likes

“Content creators” is such a fancy name… For some weirdos who just play video games and are obnoxious while kids watch and melt their brains watching it.

20 Likes

Point missed.

You mean the content creators that tick the box to be part of your shortlist of supported streamers? Not all the other overwatch streamers that are trying their best to publicate themselves and make a name for themselves.

People that are going to get absolutely zero viewership when OW2 beta starts because their streams aren’t eligible for the skin.

43 Likes

if it’s on the launcher everyone booting up the game is going to see it

I don’t disagree with the rest of your post, more or less.

Good to know that upsetting your most loyal players was deemed a non-issue…

67 Likes

So how would you suggest they fix this?

Maybe have a comment box somewhere where people can suggest other streamers?

Either for later in this event, or future events?

One of the events of all time

"Q. What regions are participating in the Support a Streamer campaign?
A. Participating regions include North America, Europe, The Middle East, Africa, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand."

And South America? :frowning:

1 Like

Realise your community, the people who make your game a success, dont want this corporate trash in our game k

You could have made this skin donate $15 to ukraine or any charity. But instead you want us to donate to people who are already bringing in $1000’s a month. Do you not see how bad that looks

21 Likes

“don’t you guys have phones”

jokes aside, it’s really sad to see this company just fall further and further into the abyss

there is no positive response to this from anyone on social media, at all

44 Likes

I feel like I’ve lost IQ with this whole situation.

We the members of the forums make up less than 1% of the player base.

That automatically means our opinions mean nothing.

Cheers! Thanks for expecting the backlash and still going ahead with this “event”.

39 Likes

Even Jeff Kaplan commented before when they had something where they gave people free currency in a game, just because, and some people still got vehemently upset about that.

2 Likes

Maybe there are technical limitations on twitch’s end right now, but they could just enable it for all affiliate twitch streamers so people who want to watch or support small streamers still have the option to while blizzard can choose to promote who they want to on the launcher.

1 Like

Yep hit the nail on the head Andy. I don’t agree with everything Blizzard does but I at least understand the decision making process. You can’t please everyone. Thanks for at least clearing this up for the forum peeps

2 Likes