This is why you can't rank up,prob with blizz/comp

So much opinionated nonsense in this thread…

It simply boils down to lack of accountability for the player base l, blizz lets people run around, be a holes, troll, leave, one trick, not cooperate or play as a team… . And the entire community suffers for it. Its like a child if you give them no boundaries they are going to run free and be an as hole, this is exactly what has happened on this ladder no accountability and no peramiters set forth by the creators.

Lfg has helped this, but you still get the people who do that dumb stuff, they just deceive you in the group screen and you have to play a game first to see whose garbage. If you lose the entire group disband… its a flawed system, a team based game that promotes playing as an individual.
If you truly would like to group and be a team player and gain sr, i suggest going to a third party to find like minded people in your sr to group with. I finally took my own advise last night and did this and had great games, of cooperation, teamwork, and coordination, the exact way that blizz designed the game to be played… but doesn’t remove the obstacles in the way for the player base to do so.

1 Like

Right, YOU played with them for one game. But in that one game your “throwing” affected the SR of 11 other people. Your team got an undeserved loss, and the other team got an undeserved win. Now, let’s say you lost 8 games in a row. That’s 88 other people you affected.

And guess what, you aren’t the only one out there doing that. Even though you were with these people for one game, there’s always others ready to fill your spot. Which brings me to the next point.

That’s only true in a randomized system, which comp matchmaking is not. It matches based on certain parameters. Who’s to say one of those parameters isn’t MMR/SR mismatch. It’s very possible the matchmaker could preferentially put under/over-ranked people on your team. Oh, by the way, in a randomized system, the other team would be more likely to have a smurf that would crush you too.

Then, even if, you’re right. Even if the throwers are more likely to boost your SR, that is an artificial win. Your team won mainly because one of the opponents was playing poorly, essentially making the game a 6v5. Skewing of SR is bad for the game in general, even if it does benefit you in the short term.

I’d rather have evenly-matched games that I lose instead of stomps that I win.

I was not throwing. Not playing up to par, yes, but in no sense did I make the game unwinnable. If this was the case, every loss every would be on one person, it doesn’t work that way. Also, this would imply the same for you on the 200 SR you’ve lost as you clearly didn’t deserve it if you can’t earn it back.

A Smurf is less common than someone playing tilted, regardless of what you may believe. The people who are “smurfing” at your SR are going to be low diamond max in most situations.

A majority of games are evenly matched, people just accept defeat too fast. Everyone loves to point the finger at one another, something you clearly do.

So, I’ve played in games rated from 1800 to 4000 (currently 3850 SR atm), and I can confirm, your rank depends on your performance. Back when I was plat it took a lot of time to get out of it, but now if I play on a plat smurf I win about 80% of games, even on heroes I never play. So, please stop making up conspiracy theories about how your gold stats are better than a GM’s. Statistically, I looked at your stats DerpyPants, your stats are in the bottom 50%, nowhere near the top 1% of GMs, your accuracy stats are bad, your elim and damage stats are bad, there is no way in hell you compared your stats to top500 stats and found out they were even remotely close, you are DELUSIONAL. Stop blaming others for your lack of success, if you want to climb you have to get good, there is no other way. Stop being a sucker

1 Like

When you play on a plat smurf you’re basically 850-1350 SR under-ranked. That doesn’t prove the system is fair. If I played on a bronze smurf, then I’d have little trouble either.

Again, this isn’t the problem, but good luck getting a White Knight to discuss this reasonably instead of resorting to rhetoric. The problem is the degree your skill needs to exceed your desired SR. Ideally, your skill and desired SR should be equal, but most people would probably be okay as long as it is < 100 SR difference. Instead, you need to exceed your desired SR by 300-500. This not acceptable in any realm but White Knight land.

Keep throwing out that rhetoric, the last refuge of those who can’t win by rational argument. All you’re telling us is that you can’t rebut what I’ve presented. I’d love to be able to discuss this more, but this is like those stomp comp games I win. It’s not really satisfying.

I mean, you can’t really expect someone to understand what you say when they think 200 SR is a lot in Plat/Gold

Point taken, I clearly need to simplify what I’m saying. Do you think most people would understand a 5th grade reading level, or should I go down to 3rd? Probably should look at math too. What grade do they start teaching percentages? Since you still don’t grasp how big a chunk 40% is, I might need to go further back. I do want to make sure I’m being understood.

If you have 10 apples, and I smash 4 with a sledge hammer, then I have smashed 40% of your apples. If I have $100 and Uncle Sam takes away $40 for a nonsense tax, then he’s taken 40%. I’ll say this, getting cheated out of $40 would upset me. Wouldn’t it you?

Does that clear it up? I can finally understand why you’re not responding to my use of logical arguments. You didn’t understand them. I’m sorry. I’ll see if I can use easier words in the future.

This is a terrible comparison because the things you described are available and have no maximum number of how many you can have. While SR is capped at 5000.

So while you lost 40% compared to your SR, you actually lost 4% of SR. You know, 4% of what is available.

And regarding your claim that you have the same stats as a GM player, remember that you acquire those stats against other Gold players. While the GM’s acquire those stats against other GM players.

So you might have the same stats, but they get them against much better players.

Let’s take soccer/football for example. I can score 4 goals a match against kids and win matches easy, does that mean I’m as good as Messi or Ronaldo who do the same thing in the highest leagues?

1 Like

You missed the whole point. I’m saying 200 SR is significant because it’s 40% of the SR in a given rank, like gold (2000-2499). It seems that Corndog doesn’t understand what % is. So, I was merely illustrating that.

Really though, 4% of what’s available? Let’s run that “logic” out. That would be like someone swindling you out of a large sum of money, then justifying it by saying there’s plenty more money in the country. Just go out and get some.

I’m really starting to believe these arguments are going over the White Knights’ heads. That doesn’t speak well for their understanding of the subject.

When did I say this? I don’t recall ever saying it. I do remember stating in some threads I’ve had 50/50 sessions where I played better than 80% of people my rank. I’ve never said that I have GM skills or GM stats vs. GMs or anyone else.

Seriously, do they not teach reading comprehension any more?

Attempting passive aggresive insults isn’t either, so we’re done.

1 Like

Players who leave console for PC place “higher”?

Where EXACTLY did you get the evidence so substantiate that claim? Please, enlighten us all.

Dspstanky, Arikadou. Look them up on YouTube. I don’t know people who have personally done this.

That is 2 people out of millions. Hardly rellevant. And just because they “placed” higher, because fresh accounts usually do, but then over time they drop because it takes a good 50-100 hours for the MMR to even out. So unless you climb 3 ranks in a week, that doesn’t mean they stayed there. If they did, then props to them, but that doesn’t apply to everyone who switches to PC from console.

You clearly haven’t heard of Dspstanky. He was consistently top 500 till he quit.

And obviously there are more. You think it would be only just the 2? Considering how much easier pc is than console, I reckon alot have and anyone can.

either you are really bad on console hence why you try to justify it or you are legit delusional

Oh the irony
First off have you actually looked at your profile this season? You are basically a hanzo 1 trick
Secondly, while I hate rank shaming, of you actually were performing that well you wouldn’t be stuck in gold.

1 Like

What?
That couldn’t be more false.

That is just blatantly FALSE!! Console is NOT more difficult than PC.

Console gamers ALL have the same button configs and can’t mess with their overall gear performance.

Console is EASIER because ALL consoles (all meaning all XBOXes are the same but are not the same as a PS4…ALL PS4s are the same) are the SAME!! All your controls for every hero are the SAME and some MAY have remapping capabilities. Same GPU, same CPU, and you dont have to upgrade parts like PC users do. Consoles all run at the same 30 FPS!!!

PCs are what their owners make of them. from a plethora of different mouses and keyboards to choose from and remapping keys and tweaking the DPI in relation to the in game sensitivity, having different components in your tower, AND how expensive it is to keep up with the speed at which technology is almost outpaced by the games we play and vice versa!! PC gaming is WAY harder than console SOLELY because we have to constantly upgrade our equipment to play newer and better games at framerates HIGHER than 30 Fps AND at higher visual quality.

The game itself looks and plays VERY differently at 120+ FPS than it does at 30. Its NOT choppy AF and feels 100x more responsive to your movement.

No they aren’t, stop being a PC elitist prick
It just devalues any argument you make by a lot.

Nope, so false. If anything console is harder.
Oh, and unlike you I’ve actually played both PC and console