This is the wrong Mercy nerf

No one is saying she heals too much, people are saying her rez is OP. I will never understand why the devs ignore all of our suggestions, the Mega thread with over 100k replies total… It’s so disheartening.

26 Likes

As long as she has res she will continue to dominate… This nerf will make her slightly worse outside of her res but that’s it, she’ll still be a great pick.

2 Likes

It’s the wrong change and it’s so sad seeing all the suggestions that people make on how to balance Mercy are ignored.

1 Like

literally all pros are saying she heals too much… She doesn’t have problems other healers do. And they still didn’t make her in line with other healers but instead they chose to nerf her healing potential. Which is a good trade-off. She can keep her: healing through barriers/walls, no reload and no aim but now she heals a bit less. Yay. Amazing nerf i love it,

1 Like

She is the only close ranged single target healer she should heal that much. It’s why they buffed it in the first place.

1 Like

No one ever asked for a rez on cooldown, and no one ever asked for a nerf to her heal. But the devs are going to do it anyways for whatever reason. -_____-

3 Likes

…MOIRA??? LUCIO??? hello? I would agree with your statement if she didn’t also have the best regen in the game, one of the best mobility abilities on a virtually 0 s cooldown… Also her beam doesn’t dispatch as soon as she leaves her original intended range… Please, let’s be real.

2 Likes

My opinion? Mercy needed to have rez removed from kit or brought back onto her Ult to balance out it’s usage. As many Mercy players have said for a long long time.

Instead… they leave Rez in the game untouched so people who hate it will still hate it.

People still will say Mercy is unkillable at lower ranks and is OP as they haven’t changed her vulnerability

They did effectively make her no longer the best healer now, which is kind of odd considering I thought that was always going to be her job. The reliable best HPS healer. Whatever I guess… it does balance the game out more but does make Mercy even less enjoyable to play.

They also will further inflame the Mercy player base for not being listened to / valued at all. She hasn’t been fun to play ever since her re-work, I’ll admit that myself as a healer main in general for comp play. I don’t know if this will end up being worth further backlash by people who continued to play Mercy / only real reason they liked Overwatch.

TLDR = For people who want a more balanced Overwatch / OWL this is a win but at a cost of community trust + Mercy player base that will further quit the game believing 100% their megathread fell on continued deaf ears.

Game rises more towards competitive play less toward casual. Seems they keep going back and forth for some reason rather than focusing on one group or the other. Brigitte definitely didn’t bring with her a boost to competitive play for example, it removed a chunk of it.

///The inconsistency of how they balance this game is what continues to baffle me\\\

Moira is AOE and so is Lucio are you serious? Don’t give opinions when you clearly don’t know the mechanics behind the heros. Her healing per second was fine, her rez needed changes.

2 Likes

exactly that’s why mercy has certain perks, she can heal through walls, she has a tether that allows her to heal from long range for a brief moment, she doesn’t have a meter, her healing isn’t interrupted by barriers and d.matrix. All of these things prevent both moira and lucio from healing consistently like mercy. That’s her trade-off. Her HPS is an additional bonus which she doesn’t need so i’m glad they put it back in line. :slight_smile:

Wait what did they do to her heal

she does need it which is why they buffed it in the first place. Stop acting like they thought this change out, they’re only doing it to shut the “nerf mercy” people up.

3 Likes

i guess you guys got your ‘revert’ finally i guess.

1 Like

That 60 HPS wasn’t a problem in the days of 1.0… what changed
Oh yeah rez as an E ability, yeah that BRILLIANT idea blizzard had that totally isn’t going to keep Mercy neigh must pick even after this nerf.

1 Like

In a month people are going to realize nothing has changed and Mercy will still be the most picked healer because, again, her HPS isn’t the problem. Rez is.

3 Likes

I would have preferred them taking away Rez as a cooldown, but admittingly, nerfing her healing can keep her in check. It means her main value is in fact Rezzing and that the other healers will out-value her in healing it self.

This is potentially the right nerf.

1 Like

okay if so happens they will just remove rez from E and make it only available during valkyrie. 1 rez per valk, maybe remove the cast time? but they’ll probably keep the cast time idk.

Yeah. 50 HPS. Wow.

And Ana and Lucio “buffs” are missing the mark so badly they just hit me in the face. God that patch is going to be garbage.

3 Likes

they added the E ability to give Mercy something to do during ult’s so this won’t happen, sorry.

No this is a right nerf, now they need to make res earned by healing and we might just have a balanced support on our hands (after over a year)