This is meta is genuinely worse than goats

True… I wonder if it’s the same drug the forums are on

I said goats isn’t that bad while it was goin’ but whatever. It is better than any orisa meta.

What’s that? The new meta is worse than the last one? Gee, I never heard that one before.

2 Likes

If we Symmetra mains can walk away from this meta without being nerfed into the ground,then i think this meta was a nice experience.

Maybe after this the bias against this particular hero is reduced a little.

That being said,the main reason everyone hates this meta is simply because of the double shields…double shields exists because without shields you are dead. No amound of healing protects you from a Hanzo log or a Rocket punch or even a Reaper face to face. Nerf Burst damage and suddenly double shield disappear and more heroes can breathe.

1 Like

Sigma has seriously degenerated the game with his overtuned kit. I really hate the way devs handle new releases at Blizzard nowadays as the same awful stuff happened a lot in hots too making meta garbage for a while

Except if you only nerf burst, then shields stay up forever and nobody dies, but if you nerf shields too, then they’ll just burn through them easily, so then you have to nerf damage again, but now shields are too powerful, so we have to nerf shields more

see the problem?

No,i dont.
Because the only reason right now that non-shield/off tanks are not played, are the huge amount of burst damage.
Once these heroes dont get decimated in a blink of an eye when they dare to step out from a shield or a cover, shield tanks will become less common once again.

1 Like

I’m used to read this line each meta… sure goat was awful to see, (more boring than afwul to me)

but this meta of ‘‘hold left click to kill’’ well… is kinda goin up to my dislikes.

If you nerf burst damage, then sustained damage becomes viable. Sustained damage breaks barriers more easily. And sustained damage is countered by non-barrier tanks.

1 Like

When was this said??

I don’t think it’s worse than GOATS. GOATS at it’s peak was so strong that almost no DPS could even be played.

At least we have some options now.

Don’t get me wrong. Orisa and Sigma are completely busted. I think if those two heroes and maybe Widow / Doom were nerfed, it would be significantly better.

1 Like

I agree!! For supports it’s nice to have shields. It just isn’t fun for dps because they don’t get to just shoot at whatever they want for free

and some other sources

It’s pretty boring on support, too. I’m doing much less hero damage and spending a significant amount of time just shooting shields.

FRREAKIN DIVE META IS THE WO… BEYBLADE IS SUCH TRA… MOTH META SUCKS SO MU…

look… we’ve heard it before.

It would make sense since we have gotten balance in over 3 weeks. But the game desperately needs them, ie doom shields etc

You have one, you have the other. That’s how good barriers are right now. Soldier is sustained damage and his barrier-breakability is garbage. If you nerf all burst damage, you get barriers that will never go down.

Source?

Quite the opposite. If you nerf burst, sustain DPS automatically becomes the best option to deal with shields, because there is no downtime while firing at them.

I mean, we can use the archetypal base DPS hero, Soldier, to show that he burns down shields faster than any burst hero, even today. The only ones that breaks faster than him are Bastion (for obvious reasons), Reaper, Roadhog and Symmetra. Torb used to as well, before they nerfed his alt fire.

The reason they don’t rely on sustained DPS to break barriers currently is that once the barrier is broken, other heroes have more value with their instakill capabilities, or in the case of Doomfist, simply don’t care about barriers to do their biding in the first place.

If you tune burst down a bit, or make them more situational, sustain DPS becomes a better option to get rid of barriers and still be competitive on the brawl after that.

1 Like

This is true. Once soldier breaks orisa’s barrier, she just puts another one up. It takes too much time. Bypass the barrier and get the job done quicker. Simple. That’s why doom is so strong. He has so much mobility, health and burst damage, that he doesn’t need to worry about CC like flankers do. He’s in, and out, with a kill before anyone can react.