This is how you get the Sombra Demon Hunter Skin:

1. check if you have a phone
  2. wait for Diablo: Immortal release
  3. install the App and either play for X hours / complete some ingame tasks or make an in-app purchase for X amount of cash

After the BlizzCon fiasco Diablo: Immortal needs to be successful at any cost and this is an easy and viable way to get millions of people to play it, who otherwise wouldn’t have ever touched it.

2 Likes

Now that you put that out into the universe, I’m going to blame you when that actually happens. I didn’t even consider their cross-game promotions they would be trying when they release that game.

Although I’m sure the Diablo mobile game is going to be a success, as far as mobile games go. Maybe just not where I am, in the United States.

15 Likes

You guys don’t have phones???

3 Likes

Or just save up 45,000 credits, like me and not have anything else to spend it on.

While its possible this’ll be correct, you realize Diablo: Immortal is aimed at the Chinese market right?

Free OW skins is the only reason I ever installed HOTS.

1 Like

Same, installed for D.va skin and stayed for Angels. It is quite fun game, too bad it’s gonna be fridge’d.

I installed for the D.va skin, and didn’t stay.

Diablo mobile in app purchase for 24.99

You get DH sombra in OW and DH in Diablo

Everyone is happy

Why would you not consider that? Thats the smartest decision other than just leaving the skin exclusive after all considering Bastion/Winston didn’t get such generous treatment, it’s only fair.

Saying DH Sombra would be released in-game later on was a mistake from the start, people have been saying this ever since.

1 Like

I didn’t consider a lot when it came to the mobile game because quite frankly I don’t care about it and won’t be playing it, that’s why. When it was announced it was blatantly obvious that the game is not for me. So why would I consider promotions for it?

As far as the skin goes, I disagree/you are flat out wrong.

3 Likes

That didn’t stop them from making it the “Big Announcement” of the last BlizzCon though :woman_shrugging:

Why fake support product that is supposed to fail?
If stuff like that would be made once, it would be repeated, and at some point we would have only diablo immortals to play.

Europe as well, it’s more of an American thing to consider mobile 2nd tier gaming.

Though it’s by far not as bad as in China and some other Asian countries.
You rarely see people actually playing games on their phones at least here in Germany, while in China mobile gaming seems to be everywhere xD

It works with owl tokens to keep viewership up.

Diablo: Immortal is going to be a massively successful app. China will make sure of that.

For sure, think it depends a lot on the transportation infrastructure as well, I usually burn an hour on the train every day to casual gaming. Americans seem to drive everywhere and still buy gaming consoles “shrug.”

Delete this before blizz gets ideas

Hurry!

1 Like