This is how you get rid of role queue

it can’t get any easier than programming a simple algorithm How to Perfectly Balance the Game

If we ever had another GOATS in OWL, the meta would be stuck forever. Excluding the Charge, every team ran mirror compositions, meaning we’d have a 50:50 win rate with all played heroes. No hero would move up or down.

you didn’t read the post

the three most picked heroes will have 1 hp removed

I did. I just missed that part.

So, after an entire season, a hero would lose like 28 SR? What happens to balance when the OWL season isn’t live? Is the game just stuck? Given your system, balance would take months or years to occur.

Even if OWL ran for 52-weeks, a hero would only lose 52 HP over the course of a year.

yeah, I still don’t see an argument in favour of No Limits.

could, could, not should. The fact aside that you don’t even explain well why it could that well, you still don’t name a single reason why it’s better.

I’m sorry you feel that way, while I’ve been playing since the very first day of Open Beta, I barely have any memory of No Limits. What I do know is, that I’ve had the most fun in Overwatch when I was playing in a team, and I’ve had the most fun in Solo Queue in Role Queue Beta. No Limits is not coming back, I’m not saying that because I personally don’t like it, but because I doubt Blizzard is even considering it. Try to find peace with it, as you said, you like the game, make the best out of Role Queue for yourself.

good point, the balancing could be done in GM on the ladder. Maybe GM win/loss is even considered during the OWL season, only with less weight on the GM picks.

it may take 2-3 months to achieve equilibrium, but after that it would be nice and smooth, with brief moments of volatility. just like the stock market.

that hero would probably stopped being picked once they lost 18hp, and then start gain HP again because they weren’t being picked.

6 pharah’s is the natural counter to GOATs. an extremely dominate meta was able to flourish because No Limits was removed.

The game of Overwatch is good. Everything that touches it is lackluster. QoL for the LFG Let’s start out with an awesome LFG. To think that forming teams by random lot is acceptable in a multiplayer game is laughable

The moment you take balance out of the hands of professionals, the players have have a vested interested in winning, your system crumbles. Ladder players at any rank leave your system susceptible to throwing or trolling, not to mention the game would be in an unknown state for the next OWL season. That unknown state may require too many weeks to establish an actual balance. Thus, the ladder would deciding balance over the OWL.

See above.

Depends on the hero.

ok fine, then there is no balancing done in the off season.

So, six months of no balance changes is good for the game?

You keep comparing OW to the stock market. I’d prefer to compare it to keeping a satellite in orbit. Smart men and women working hard around the clock keeps satellites in orbit, not a lone algorithm.

well it depends what you think, do you think OWL is so far and above 4000SR+ players? I don’t, so I don’t see a problem with letting GM play contribute to balance. You talked about GMs manipulating the balance. That’s impossible because when a group of friends boost a hero’s HP by throwing a bunch of games, other individual GMs will start playing (and winning) with those high HP heroes, thereby lowering the HP.

If you do think OWL is so far and above GM ladder play, then once the OWL season is over, the game will be perfectly balanced for the ladder during the off season.

the stock market is a natural thing. when rats migrate to Nebraska because they ate all the corn in Oklahoma, that’s the stock market in action… The Rat Stock Market lol

gravity on satellites is constant, more or less, where the rains fall isn’t so predictable. OW balance is a stock market, not the motions of the heavenly bodies.

It has nothing to do with what I think. I have no data or evidence to say one way or another.

I disagree. A team of devs exist performing internal tests and a PTR exists to give player feedback. Work is required. You cannot simply add or remove 1hp a week.

There should be a ban law for anyone that preaches no limits

1 Like

player feedback means very little when the devs balance the game.

if a hero is too OP they nerf. if a hero is a throwpick, they buff.

this is how they balance the game, I’m almost 100% sure of it.

Tell that to the Moira fade buff that didn’t make it to live servers after PTR testing.

Balance is about work, testing, support, and feedback.

when players complain about PTR balance and the devs listen, the community just got lucky and complained about what the devs were already concerned about. This is my theory.

how much feedback gets ignored? balance is 90% data driven, I’m sure of it!

I don’t know. I do know that 100% of feedback would be ignored with your system. You eliminate every player and developer voice.

how to balance overwatch

step 1: give a little buff to heroes with the lowest win rates
step 2: give a little nerf to heroes with the highest win rates
step 3: wait a month and go back to step 1

sure there may be a little subjective input from devs and the community along the way. (and sometimes heroes and abilities get reworked) but these steps are the majority of the process, it has to be. you’re not going to nerf a hero that has a low win rate, are you?

Symmetra and Sombra disagree. Sym has a big nerf coming and Sombra was just nerfed and has 2nd and 3rd lowest win rates.

are you getting your data from Overbuff? can you link it? I rarely use it. I’m going to look right now.

um sym has second highest win rate across all ranks on PC currently

yeah, not sure why they nerfed Sombra, she has the lowest. Like I said, it’s not 100%

I think they nerfed Sombra because there was no counter play to her Ult. Since she is lowest win rate, overall, mark my words, she will be getting a buff in 3 months or less.

With the 2nd lowest pick rate.