This is done now

Or you’re delusional

Nah, it’s no secret among rats that his skill ceiling is too low

1 Like

Is there any way to raise it? I’d love for rat to be a high skill hero.

1 Like

Me too, I wrote a post about it the other day but it went over almost everyone’s head. Best way to make rat more skillful? Replace trap with something else (and obviously balance the rest of junkrat too because this new thing would probably be stronger). I like the idea of nerfing Junkrat’s damage and giving him mine type bombs (not like concussion mine, if you’re planting that thing you’re doing it wrong). Anyway, junkrat would use the new mines in conjunction with his grenades to try to herd players into his damage and apply AoD that’s more relevant at high ranks.

1 Like

His skill floor is low
However all heros have an almost infinte celing

2 Likes

He’s a mid-high skill ceiling hero already. Landing direct hits, airshots, playing mind games with the trap, etc.

1 Like

I still think it’d be more fun if he was a top skill hero though

i’d actually argue that you need higher skill to make charachters like torb, symm, bastion, and other off meta heroes to make them just as effective as meta heroes like widow or hanzo.

Snipers are one shot kills, so to make a widow work you just need to be in a position where you can see the enemy while scoped and fully charged and just click on their head. So you need to do far less than someone like a torb who can’t oneshot someone unless he rightclicks them in the head from basically on their head.

this relates to the mercy problem until her recent nerf, she was simply so easy to get value out of because of her resurrection ability, the fact she could not be pinned down easily, and the need to not have to fire at the enemy to do their job correctly that she basically took over the game for almost a year.

so most effective is what gets played and becomes the meta, not what provides the best challenge. If what provides the best challenge is not equal to the meta, then that usually means someone is overpowered somewhere in relation to their Skill:Effectiveness ratio.

I mean i’ve seen lots of people jump from diamond to gm between seasons 9 and 10 because of the meta shift with Hanzo and Widow. (And no, that’s not because i’m in GM, it’s because i pay attention to trends in the data)

Good call @Fritz…