This has to be a joke PRESETS, DELETED, AGAIN!

AGAIN, once again, Half my presets, Totally deleted

THANK YOU very much for you glitchy cloud service thing whathever you save stuff in, For the SECOND time Can i just get a file thing i can store it in my comptuer since your servers are clearly unable to hold even a few presets?!

HOW CAN THE SAME THING GET DELETED, THRICE?! is this some sort of sick joke?!! Well ,Its not god damn funny

i did not spend months working on different gamemodes just for your god damn system to have a stroke and delete them all for the 3RD TIME, may i add,

And this isnt new, thishas been happening WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before even workshop was a thing, My non-code presets got deleted, Multiple times before, When is this going to be fixed?! how much work do i have to get thrown into the trashbin for this to be fixed?

Do i have to create a share code for each thing i edit in my mode or what?

2 Likes

Until they fix this, make a habit of creating share codes as backups. I do every hour or two of working, or after a major change i dont wanna risk losing. My presets have been deleted several times, but since I started creating share codes I at least haven’t lost that much work

1 Like

i dont know if i should bother creating anything at this point,

the share codes would probably get deleted as well eventually

it’s up to you, but it’s sad to see people give up because the save system is broken… I haven’t seen anyone ever mention share codes breaking, so they do feel more secure to me.

Yeah they should fix their save system, it doesn’t happen often to me but I saw some of my presets just disappear.

Can’t wait for the PTR to go live so we can store our code on our computer.

im pretty sure there is only so many codes that the workshop can have,

seeing as there are only so many code options possible

I heard it’s around 60 million.

But I imagine they have a system set up to make sure duplicate codes aren’t created, and once they are out of codes, they could just add 1 letter to the code to get millions of more codes.

I’m pretty sure the length of the codes stay the same though.

for now, yeah. But nothing stops them from changing that in the future

60 million, we have 40 million players suposedly so if every player creates 1 share code we literally have already used up 66% of our total codes :confused:

with this glitch, if multiple players start creating a lot of share codes to not get their stuff deleted…You can imagine…at this point, nothing is safe

I doubt the overwatch team would let them all run out…

codes can consist of letters A-Z and digits 0-9, and they have a length of 5 characters, so right now the max amount of codes can be calculated like this:

36^5 = 60 466 176

if they later just add 1 more letter/digit to the code length, we’ll get 36^6 additional codes, which is over 2 billion more. So I dont think we have anything to worry about regarding running out of codes.

and i doubted they would delete my presets 3 times…and thats not counting in the past where they did the same thing

Yet here we are

well that’s an unintentional bug with preset saving (and share codes seemingly use a different saving system)… I’ve noticed my presets for the most part have gotten deleted when i’m working on multiple presets at a time. For example, i make some changes in one preset, then I save it and load another preset, and work on that for a bit. Even tho I know I haven’t saved over the previous one, it’s sometimes gotten deleted anyways…

since about 4-5 day ago, I’ve made a habit of always exiting to the main menu before I load another preset, and so far that has worked… But I don’t know yet if that’s coincidence or not, only time will tell

2 Likes

I highly suggest you to wait for the PTR version to go live, that way you can copy and paste your code into a file and upload it to a repository :wink:

You should save 2 presets just in case 1 gets deleted.

as i said, 50% of my presets were deleted, even if i had 5, they would all get deleted at the same time

What? Why?
So they were just randomly deleted? I’m terrified, I’ve spent 3 weeks, like 60 hours on a game I’m working on and soon going to release it to public, it better not get deleted lmao

Yes, I have no idea why this happend, a lot of presets were deleted as i was working on new ones,

Just, create a share code now i guess…

Personally this has been it for me im done, i give up, Im kissing Workshop stuff goodbye until blizzard properly fixes their systems

1 Like

Perfectly balanced

OK but for real, whenever I select “Create New” in the preset menu, it just randomly overwrites one of my presets even though I have only like 4 modes. This preset save system makes no sense…

1 Like

So this is what happens? it overwrites them?

God dammit this has to be a joke why cant they communicate this stuff?! i had worked so much on that mode and now i gotta re-do it all over

im so infurated