This gatekeeping is scary

Dude I get your annoyed but your talking about people as if they were zombies.

5 Likes

I feel you, man. I feel you.

The one with the condescending, entitled video about reverting Mercy.

2 Likes

And Mercy mains are talking at people like they’re toddlers.

The majority of Mercy mains on the forums are acting like Zombies. Many of them have been just saying the same thing over and over. Many of them just attack whatever is near. Many of them have no disgression of whom they’re attacking. Many of them don’t even acknowledge the brick wall in their face. They just choose to ignore it and keep pushing against the “wall”.

Literally, Jeff said that a revert is not going to happen but Mercy mains insist on saying that he never said anything about Mass Rez not coming back. I mean, the purpose of the rework was to remove mass rez and make rez healthier. Literally, the only thing done in the rework was moving and modifying rez and adding valkyrie. That’s it. A revert would put mass rez back. And jeff already said no to that.

So here we are, telling the mercy spammers that it’s not going to happen while they continue to say it will when it’s been stated it won’t.

Ah yes, that one. The one where the video started out by saying the purpose was about an article that’s 9 months old?

3 Likes

Well isn’t this thread hypocritical >.>

13 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1486c928e76b31db6d1b3b84441d6af5/tenor.gif?itemid=5457530

i get along with mercy mains just fine even though i’m strongly against removing Valk

but hey, i’d hate to interrupt your ‘help! i’m being oppressed’ spiel

17 Likes

I think you grossly misunderstood my post in it’s entirety.

Wait… Weren’t you just making a fuss about Mercy mains spamming Mercy threads? Why are you making yet another Mercy-centric thread right now? Does this not add to said supposed “Mercy spam” that you dislike so much?

HardThinkingMercy.png

https://i.gyazo.com/85c94d619fee987444fa25aef1a9bd10.png

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

19 Likes

I think you grossly misunderstood my post in it’s entirety.

1 Like

For starters, not everyone trying to have a conversation about Mercy is a “Mercy main”. I support starting from square one and trying something different with balance changes and I’m a tank main. Hell, I’ve suggested changes within the confines of what we currently have. What have you done besides jump into threads to essentially say “shut up, no one cares”? Then YOU proceed to spam the forums with Mercy threads, something you keep saying other people are doing. To make matters worse you have this really bad habit of stereotyping and name calling. People present you with facts, actual facts and you decide they are not relevant or just get dismissive.

Pot, meet kettle.

27 Likes

You contribute ideas and changes that probably would fix what the devs messed up. Why would people hate you for trying by throwing your idea at you? Never be scared to write what you think. Thats when problems start to arize. Let whatever you want to say happen.

2 Likes

It’s true that the dev team seems to not listen to community. Replying too all thread seems beyond human capability…
(that said they don’t even do 1 response a day, granted…)

Other than that it is clear that whatever arbitrary (and possibly failing) change they do (which are debatable) are anchored into objective hard number about win rate, pick rate, etc… i.e. change might fails its goal. But the goal is far from arbitrary.

I like Valk better than mass rez though I think maybe this could have been said in another topic. This spam’s starting to get cuuuuhrazy

3 Likes

Yes it definitely is.

And op felt the need to make yet another mercy thread that didn’t actually add to the discussion.

how thoughtful.

6 Likes

Not excusing either side. Both are bad on the spam, but the non-Mercy spam side waaaay less so.

it goes both ways - people who want a rework are adamant and refuse to compromise because they feel like there is zero dialogue between them and the developers. the developers are legitimately silent on the issue, likely because they do not feel there is any chance at reasonable dialogue. you can blame either side, but really it is just the way discourse goes in 2018 as our social skills continue to degrade

I think this topic is a perfect example of how the OP themself is on one side of things and anyone on the other side is lumped into this group of people he is describing - don’t bother trying to discuss a revert with the OP because they don’t want to hear any of it.

or am I wrong? are you championing a return to reasonable discourse? or is this just you shoving your fingers in your ears because you are tired of a discussion you are choosing to read?

6 Likes

I don’t see the mercy discussions getting taken down as spam?

its almost like they aren’t spam like you say.

3 Likes

I’ve got over 100 hours on Mercy and I dont want mass rez back. It will always be problematic.

Mercy has never in her lifetime been well balanced. At launch she was underpowered. Then they gave her invis frames and she became problematic.

So first things first, those Mercy players need to stop pretending she was so great back then. Cuz she wasnt.

Was their work a success? God no.

Shes pretty ok right now though. Finally. Although I would like a small buff to her ult rate. It takes too long to get in comparison to the other healers. And I play them all so I’d know.

I dont want a revert. I dont want a rework. I remember how garbage old Mercy was to play. With no slingshot. With teammates constantly demanding I leave the fight. With hide and rez being basically mandatory on maps like Anubis and Volskaya.

They were never going to get mass rez to a good place. It was always going to be the caveat that made Mercy either too good or not good enough.

That’s why they reworked her.

I like Mercy. I still play Mercy. But I also like that theres situations and team comps now that give me reasons to NOT play mercy.

It’s been a LONG time since that was true. Mercy is mostly in line with the other healers now. They’re all seeing decent amounts of playtime. Keep her where she is please, just give a small buff to her ult rate.

Oh… and spare me the “but shes no fun now” garbage. I still like her.

6 Likes