This gatekeeping is scary

The op has already gone out of his way to say its falsely flagged BUT then went on to prove THAT IT WAS INDEED TROLLING.

In his own words;

The thing is, it’s extremely hard to prove it without “naming and shaming”.

There’s balance threads from February that have this kind of gatekeeping. Whether it’s “you don’t even play reaper” to “You can’t say how fun <hero> is because you don’t main <hero>!”

I could, or I could direct you to the pretty well-substantiated OP that was hidden by false flags.

And? Some groups need to be called out on their crap. It’s their decision to take offense. When did hurt feelings over the truth become trolling?

EDIT: At the risk of wasting my whole day in this circular debate, gonna leave it at that. Have fun trolling this thread.

If it is something that everybody does, then why it is always the Mercys that are in your crosshairs? Why is it always people that talk about this particular hero that need to be silenced so that the forum can be pure again?

2 Likes

Let’s just agree that there are extremes on both sides, and radical mercy players are just as bad as radical mercy haters.
Can we leave it at that? Threads like these, while this one in particular isn’t too bad, always start unnecessary drama.

I don’t find it spam nor trolling.

Then again I also don’t flag the many “revert Mercy“ or “everybody just hates Mercy mains“ posts.

Some part of the community is very vocal about their annoyance with Mercy’s state.

Some part of the community is annoyed with how that other part is expressing their annoyance.

Let both be vocal or neither of them.

I don’t necessarily agree with Op btw nor do I agree with how he/she is expressing themselves.

I do however think it’s important to have an opposite opinion heard, even if it’s obviously filled with strong emotions.it’s

(I haven’t read the comments though, so maybe I missed something.)

1 Like

The salient issue seems to be that your “truth” isn’t particularly true.

2 Likes

Exactly why sprinkles is being called out for his shenanigans once again.

Op has already admitted to trolling.

he’s in a self made checkmate.

3 Likes

To correct you, it’s impossible.
You are making assumptions about the Mercy mains community, which you haven’t defined first.
Secondly, you can’t prove that every single player you consider to fit in this group is behaving as you are claiming they do.
Finally, as you indirectly agreed, all of your assumptions are nothing more than steroetypes and generalisations, which, by definition can’t be proven to be true simply because they are false.

How do you prove one flag is a false one ?
Also, as we can read in the previous messages in this thread, some people (including the OP) are implying this thread got flagged by Mercy mains, which cannot be proved either.

Which is why I talked about how there are players on the forums that don’t agree with this wave of Mercy mains.

Whether or not the intention of the flag, is infact, extraneous or not true. Thus being false.

That is quite a feat of mental gymnastics.

Then what is a false flag? Because it’s pretty obvious that a flag that’s not true is a false flag.

Generalising and stereotyping one group of people while claiming the point of your post is to point out everyone’s behavior makes you either a liar, or someone trolling.
Not to mention you also directly claimed the intention of your post was to call some groups out, which is contradictory to your others post saying it isn’t your intention.

3 Likes

By your own admission you were “calling out” perceived enemies. For what purpose is that other than to deliberately upset people? That is indeed a textbook example of trolling.

4 Likes

I think we can put these forums to r/gatekeeping

1 Like

And that’s your opinion.

WHile also mixing in things that are downright false. This isn’t just Mercys lol.

these poor mercy mains are being attacked by sprinkles

1 Like

And like… Everyone else.

Its us vs. the world.

Fighting the good fight though, we’ll get our angel back someday.

1 Like

I tried to understand what this is about.

If I yell at people, I’m sorry. I’m just voicing my opinion and my voice is so quiet to the point no one will hear unless I yell. This is true in reality too. No one listens to me.

While taking a break from daily play, I can say my view swapped. And that’s not a good or bad thing. I see both sides, and kind of want to hear more of the opposition (since I’m more in the middle now). I know most don’t like opposing views but how else will you grow as a person if you don’t learn from others and understand them?

This might get buried in the pile of posts but that’s ok. I don’t even know what I’m posting anymore.

We all have a voice, it’s whether or no our fellows respect us that they are heard. Some are more loud than others, and attack people for a reason that they believe is justified. It’s not wrong. If you think it is, just ignore those people. There are plenty of good apples amongst the rotten crabby ones.

1 Like