This game runs poorly

Cpu usage sits at 64 % , GPU at 48 and its FLUCTUATING a lot from 144 fps.
I mean if none of them are running 99% , then why wont the damn framerate stay 144? ( or 120).
It keeps dropping to lower than 100 for no reason. Even to 80 and the hardware usages dont even hit 99% .

Runs fine here. Depends what hardware you have and what may be running in the background.

4 Likes

could you provide any info on your hardware? It might be a hardware problem.

Make sure your render scale is not set to more than 100%. For some reason OW likes to set it to an auto of 140%.

1 Like

But why is a hardware problem if the game isnt even forcing them to the max?

1 Like

There’s not a lot of context here, but my first guess would be that you have your power options in Windows set to not allow your CPU to run at full capacity all the time.

It could be something more systemic, though, such as not having enough RAM so the game has to page assets and gets bottlenecked there.

There is probably a bottleneck elsewhere. For example, running single channel memory can have severe effects on framerate.

1 Like

I don’t drop below 200fps so it’s probably a problem on your end.
Drop your specs?

Take a look at per core utilization. I have a 10700k, I’ll typically see 2 cores @100%, 6 cores @25%, total utilization about 40%. My gpu’s a 3090FE and never breaks 75%. In this case my CPU is the bottleneck because while it’s only using 2/8 cores, the cores it is using are maxed.

Edit:. Also check you don’t have any programs running in admin mode. That will force your PC to make them the priority over the game. I use to do that with OBS until I realized it sacrificed game performance in favor of stream performance.

That sucks. The new update really helped me and finally that isn’t happening to me anymore. Try using the new Nvidia Reflex options if you have that type of card.

Unsure about CPU, it usually sits at 30% for me
I do know however, GPU only spikes up when you increase graphical performance, otherwhise it lowers
Which could be a shame for framerate but can also be good to let other stuff work easier

It’s hard for me to tell because everything runs poorly on my computer…my rig has parts that are 10 years old

OP, are you playing in borderless windowed mode?