This game is P2W for new players

Title is self-explanatory.

How are new players supposed to win games without purchasing kiriko or mauga? Every other game I play, the enemy team has both. While my team has new players that haven’t purchased or unlocked either of them.

Blizzard is a pathetic cash-grab company.

2 Likes

Well, having done this recently…

You start your first few games with others that are clearly new. So they also don’t have the heroes. It enables them to learn the basics, without having an overload of heroes to pick from.

The match mechanics are more important to learn at that stage.

Very quickly the MMR system learns you should be playing better people as you keep winning (if you can’t win, you’ll stay with the new kids till you learn).

You very quickly start unlocking more and more heroes. And it takes about 8 hours to hit ranked with good win rates. By that point you should understand how to win each mode, and have enough skill on the heroes you have to contribute. After that, the OW2 heroes (bar Mauga) this season are quickly unlocked in the training range my completing a few challenges.

In theory, it’s all designed to help you learn. But in a more gradual manner than having everything dumped on you in 1 go.

If they were, they’d have learnt to be good at it by now.

The funny thing is that even the overwatch streamers prefer to just buy an account from some 3rd world level farmer than use currency to unlock the characters from the actual Blizzard shop.

Someone at Blizzard was like: “If we make characters cost 9$ each and allow smurfing, we are going to make even more money!” How long before they finally figure out that the guys who make or buy alts every other day aren’t the type of people spending money on microtransactions.

This game cannot claim to have ANY competitive integrity as long as there is ANY chance for unfair advantages. If you’re going to giga-buff the new heroes to sell more battle passes, fine, but at least for COMPETITIVE MODE, ensure that ALL players in the lobby have the same heroes available to them at all times. I don’t care that new players are matched against each other initially etc. – fact is, I get them on my team every now and then, and the enemy team doesn’t, and the game always ends up being a credit card diff. Pathetic and inexcusable for any company claiming to honor competitive integrity.

1 Like

I am not sure they make that claim anywhere…

Well said and agreed…

Should’ve looked harder then…

:pouting_cat: :point_up_2:

2 Likes