This game is nothing but a cash grab

Lootboxes and events are the only thing this game has going for it. Playing Overwatch for competitiveness and balance isn’t a thing unless you’re in Contenders or OWL, otherwise it’s either stomp or get stomped.

5 Likes

I havent bought 1 loot box since season 3. Infact I have over 200 lootbox’s that are unopened atm. I never opened them because i pretty much grinded everything that i wanted.

3 Likes

I’ve never bought any boxes and I have like 90% of the skins.

1 Like

I’d say they’re doing a pretty bad job at being a cash-grab. Blizz could learn a thing or two from other developers when it comes to money hungry and consumer-unfriendly behaviour (regarding OW, that is. I have no idea about their other games. And no, I’m not a “blind Blizzard defender”)

2 Likes

As much as the balance could be better… literally the onlt thing behind a pay wall is a handful of special cosmetics

2 Likes

Every game is a cash grab. They make a game to sell it, and make money.

Making a game that people continue to like and continue to play opens up the opportunities to keep making money, so they’re self interested in continuing to get people to play and want the things that are being sold.

1 Like

Yes, only skin I’ve bought is the pink mercy skin. Don’t really play support or mercy for that matter but I like being pretty in pink those rare games I do end up picking her, the cuteness factor is also increased by my masterful “someone call the wambulance” voice spam which I have binded on the scroll wheel.

3 Likes

Omg, it’s almost as if Blizzard is, GASP, a corporation that’s trying to MAKE MONEY! OH THE HORROR!!!

Yeah, no season passes or any DLC, game is getting new maps, heroes and gamemodes for completely free. The microtransactions that it does have are purely cosmetic and you can still easily earn all of them by just playing the game.

4 Likes

Yup. The peeps who’ve been playing on a regular basis usually have enough (or close to enough) credits to grab all the event stuff on day one if they want to. Really badly implemented cash-grab, I’d say :frowning:

3 Likes

There is no game balance at all. They made it as widely marketable as possible while trying not to offend anyone. Its a soulless game with no culture & so are the forum admins that hide discussions on smurf accounts

2 Likes

I haven’t bought a loot box and never plan too. the only time I do use money now on blizz is honestly if I buy a new alt account on discount I see no other reason to give them my money right now because they are ruining player experience over all of their titles and its sad and I won’t support whats happening financially.

I spent over $250 just on the Anniversary alone to skin up my alt.

You make me wabt the physivally rub my temple

1 Like