This doom patch doesn't change anything

This doom patch doesn’t change anything.

As former grandmaster, i can say that you can’t and won’t use ult among enemies even after patch. if you use all 3 skills and use ult. your HP is likely to be in the range of 1~100.
if you land among enemies with your ult, you will be certainly dead. every Doomfist user uses this ult for just escape because of low potential to kill and vulnerability after landing.
doom needs additional 0.5 seconds invincibility for his ult landing.

8 Likes

Doomfist doesn’t need a thing.

He sits healthily at a 3% pickrate with a highwinrate in GM.

He’s already known as the most hated hero in overwatch, buffing him is only bad for the health of the game.

18 Likes

PSA:

Stop using a third party website that has no correlation to blizzard, to push your point about hero’s balance states

There’s a solid HANDFUL of doom players, and most of them play cree / hanzo half the time.

4 Likes

It’s just a cheap get out of jail free card; the fact that he doesn’t even need to be on the ground when he uses it is BS. If I can’t whip out my junkrat tire and run it up the wall as I plummet to my death, then why can Doomfist leap up into safe-snowflake-space after he gets environmentally killed? Unfair BS is what it is.

I mean I don’t like the guy but his kit is janky AF.

There’s no way we’re complaining about doom being able to use his ult in mid air now…

7 Likes

again without the invulnerability it would just be a crap version of dva remech if you think about it

until we get something better I’m gonna take it as fact

if I DIDN’T have overbuff stats, I would be asking for DF nerfs.

3 Likes

I mean, if MS is a cheap escape then what’s Recall?

4 Likes

Yes. Nerfs for a hero you rarely see, and only doom mains, who have prominently playing the hero for years now, play him.

A character who has probably the easiest and most counters in the game.

Makes so much sense.

1 Like

I think he should get a better ult that’s actually lethal or impressive but also isn’t a cheap get out of jail free card. Like; he both deserves to be lethal AND doesn’t need that much hyper mobility with his particular kit setup IMO.

Slam is such a weak ult but if they made it stronger so it was lethal it would be stupidly OP.

It’s also not fair that he can use it to just escape freely no matter what if his ult is up.

It needs to just be… different. Maybe a super charged rocket punch similar to Hanzo Dragons, where the force of it propels through walls or something to a shorter range, but also does a crap ton of damage. Maybe some kind of slam where he pounds both fists on the ground and creates dangerous terrain for the enemy for a while so they’re all slowed for the next 8 seconds while walking on it; great area or point control ability.

It just should be different.

That’s why… you don’t make it lethal. Ya just make it so it has faster ult charge, so then you can use the horrendous ult faster.

We forget, doom ult is SLOW asf to charge because doom has ZERO poke.

OR… ya just leave doom ult as is, and give him 35 shield gain back with his uppercut recovery. So his combo actually can DO something without it being a trade or death sentence constantly, as it proceeds to currently get negated and out healed by pretty much any healer or CC ability.

1 Like

Recall is an easily trackable ability that has a limited range (you can usually know where Tracer is recalling to if you’ve been paying attention, and line up damage for her when she pops back into existence, it’s easy AF) that is on a 150 HP character that most people can one shot kill.

Doomfist’s ult is both useless in that it rarely does actual damage (on a DPS character that’s not a good look for an ult, it’s why I hate Sym’s Wall despite it being useful, it’s also just not really lethal and requires followthrough, making it often useless if your team fails to capitalize with it) as well as cheap because it lets him engage without fear of being cornered or dying like most flankers have.

Sombra has Translocator but that’s like her whole gimmick, it’s her design. We don’t need several heroes that have get out of jail free cards, especially not one with a lethal 4 second rocket punch.

At least Tracer has to unload a clip and a half right into the back of your head to kill you. Doomfist? Not so much.

I don’t care how often I see him, I still hate him and if I’m not on DPS I usually just leave the game. (if I’m in quick play ofc)

I literally learned sombra simply because Doomfist bothers me that much.

:horse: :poop:

Shooting someone, or stun locking someone, it effects every hero the same way. that’s not something that counters him specifically, he’s honestly punished LESS for being stunned than the average hero.

3 Likes

Making it more lethal would be doubly cheap. He can use it as an escape OR kill people with it - that’s too much variety for an ult. Most ults are kind of one note; lethal or utility. He shouldn’t have more options when other heroes don’t.

i don’t think it’s cheap though since you are sacrificing a ult just to escape

actually just thought about it doom ult right now is pretty much a reaper wraith form but it costs a ult not a ability

That’s why I said… DON’T make it lethal.

Okay so then what you say holds literally nothing when it’s literally just you and your personal vendetta towards a hero that isn’t even good LMFAO

You say as doom continues to average the most deaths out of all heroes.

Stuns are in fact WORSE for him seeing he’s 250 HP, but with a hitbox the size of a tank. Hell, you don’t even gotta stun the guy. Just poke him out from distance and he can never dive in. Or just simply boop him as he combos and his entire combo is useless. :skull:

1 Like

Yep, exactly; it’s wraith form without the telegraphing of where he’s going to go, and that’s about all it’s used for these days.

And considering his whole schtick is like, getting secretly into the backlines and surprising people to cause chaos/prey on the weaker characters in the game, the fact that he HAS a get out of jail free ult means that he can do this without much worry because he can always escape.

Tracer has to pace her recall. You need to remember where you were X seconds ago and think ‘if I recall I’ll be here’ - you can’t just recall and be ‘free’, if you spend too long you’ll basically just be right where you were before, because you were physically in that space for (what is it, 10 seconds? I can’t remember)

Sombra has to put her translocator down and hope it doesn’t get destroyed.

These abilities are also on characters that don’t have 1 hit kill abilities, they have guns that I don’t think can kill ANYONE without landing all headshots.

Doom can punch you once and you’re dead.

It’s just not even or fair by comparison of these things.

That’s the thing though, doom ult shouldn’t be lethal. Literally very few good doom players think it should have tons of more dmg, doom ult is not a mechanically hard ult to use like Pulse or Blade. It shouldn’t be a free kill. The problem with doom ult is it builds incredibly slow bc there’s so much downtime as doom where your doing nothing because your waiting for CDs to come back and have 0 poke to help build it. Make it build 15-20% faster

1 Like

it is fair because again for those ability’s like translocator recalll there ability’s not ultimates they should be weaker by comparison