Third Person Mode is a Must

I think third person mode should be introduced to Overwatch! The game is too fast paced to be an FPS, and it’s pretty uncomfortable to control a hero. I also want to see my hero as I play. It surely should be an option, and this definitely bring more people in.

I hope a lot of like minded individuals will comment on this post to let our voices heard. If we try, it might happen!

8 Likes

Unless they make it a playlist like in MW2 then I doubt Blizzard would do that since people would find a way to complain that either first or third person would give an unfair advantage.

This is why we can’t have choices and nice things.

Jesus Christ your elo…

5 Likes

I want 3rd person option for custom games only tbh. But its definitely a must have.

1 Like

What about it? It;s my first shooter, and I’ve been playing 11 days, what’s your excuse?

4 Likes

you should try WoW or maybe D3 , sounds like maybe that’s more your speed .

LMAO no. This is the oddest idea I’ve heard in awhile but nostrong text

Maybe thats the reason you feel uncomfortable…

For custom games it would be nice though. Also for lucioball,but it would be another step towards rocketleague clone.

Practice makes perfect. I’ve heard from non-gamers that fast paced FPS games (like Overwatch, COD, etc) can be very disorienting at first. Just give it time and it will start to all feel quite natural.

1 Like

No. Too many heroes can abuse 3rd person peaking and camping corners with instakills like Hanzo, Widow, McCree, etc.

3 Likes

I agree, but this is a hard sell. This is one of those things that people will say is bad for the game like they did with LFG when really it is only going to help

Thank you, I do get better each day :+1: I was <500 lol

2 Likes

It would change everything. Its not comparable to lfg at all.

Change isn’t bad

1 Like

Tbh, it’s unfair. REALLY unfair.
That way people could see if someone is flanking they can see it easily and counter him quickly=the person flanking is mad=the person doesn’t know if they’re hacking or used the third person mode=more reports=unfun for the person flanking=less people playing the flanking heroes=those heroes getting less popular=people playing a lot more certain heroes that can counter flankers=people want to play heroes but don’t get them=the community is a lot more mad=the game losing people because they rage a lot/are tired of people raging.
Yes, this may bring the game more people, but it will also give up a lot of flank mains and Tracer and Genji (the most famous flankers) less popular and boom, Tracer is not the symbol of OW as she was.
Maybe it sounds not right in some parts and weird, but you get my point.
You need to understand OW more before you think it’ll be good for the game.

what would I need an excuse for?

1 Like

That would radically shift the game’s balance. Besides, Reinhardt can do that.

I’ve considered your suggestion, and I have decided NOT to endorse your park.

1 Like

Please no…
That would force you to play in third person, as it gives you a clear advantage of corner peeking, but it’s so awful to aim like that…

1 Like

could somtimes be unfair to be in third person and look to the side of a wall when the enemy cannot see you but you can wait for him

i guess its same with brig’s shield lol