Thinking About Switching to PC

But I don’t know anything about gaming computers! I was raised with all of the PlayStation consoles. Would anyone be willing to explain some of the stuff I need to know before switching?

With some of the prices on hardware components these days like GPUs, you might be better off buying a prebuilt. There are often some good deals on Amazon.

1 Like

FYI CyberPowerPC is a pretty popular brand on there. The most important component is arguably the GPU. Make sure you don’t skimp on that.

1 Like

What is GPU? I don’t really understand most of the pc terms haha.

Oh sorry! That’s the graphics card. I would reommend in Nvidia 10 series or 20 series. Examples would be a GTX 1080, or GTX 2070, etc.

AMD has some nice graphics cards as well these days but I’m not as familiar with their offerings.

Why do you want a PC for?

You have a phone don’t you?

1 Like

Are you looking to buy or build? If you are not familiar with computers at all, I recommend buying. That being said, make sure to pick a system that can meet the Overwatch Recommend System Requirements. Also check my guide here to learn about key components to consider when buying or building a computer to get the best possible performance from your PC.

IMPORTANT!

Switching platforms does not mean you can move your collected items or stats from one to another. If you start a PC license of Overwatch, it will be from scratch.

1 Like

Yikes Idk how I feel about starting from scratch… I’ve been here since season 2

As long as you buy a prebuilt PC that’s like 700$ or higher from popular gaming computer websites it will most likely run any games fine. Provided you’re not trying to do high end 4K gaming or something

2 Likes