Things going straight through Brig's shield

Shield wasnt behind rein’s and brig’s legs so she got stunned

It’s due to her shield’s small size and lack of notable curvature to compensate for the smaller size.

That’s why her old shield’s HP wasn’t too bad after it was nerfed once. Since at the end of the day, getting AoE past her or projectiles was super easy. Her shield only stops straight on attacks, like those from hitscans or LoS shenanigans.

Here she didnt get stunned because shield was behind her’s and rein’s legs

I had a game yesterday where I watched my Rein hold his shiny healthy shield in the face of enemy Rein and everyone still getting shattered anyway including our Rein. Echo Rein copy shatter too in a different game. We seem to have barrier bugs happening overall.

3 Likes

It is a bug that’s all I can say, the first clip tho :eyes: what the actual fudge

Since Brig’s shield is getting looksy, I figured it was time to bring this up again.

It still happens quite a lot.

6 Likes

I’ve had this happen on Rein’s shield too. I was Rein with a full shield and about 5 hp and an orisa firing at the shield. I died without ever dropping the shield and it wasn’t even halfway gone.

what annoys me most about this bug is if this was on rein, it would been fixed the patch after it was reported, sometime piledrivers is blocked by my barriers, osmetimes not, sometimes eartshatter doesnt get me sometimes it does its annoying

3 Likes

I’m necroing, sorry, there’s a new development, hopefully. Some reddit user has some interesting findings on the subject: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/k52s85/brig_shield_is_inconsistent_in_blocking_damage/

With workshop code ZM47H anyone can test it with a rip tire. Sometimes the shield will block it, sometimes it will not, it is demonstrably inconsistent.

3 Likes

Still mad blizz ignores this issue

2 Likes

Toyed about with the workshop code from the above mentioned reddit user and heck me If the problem didn’t present itself in less than 5 minutes…

Assuming there isn’t anything altering the results in the workshop code itself, there’s a clear, very easily reproducible problem with Brig’s shield that needs to be looked at.

I’m honestly inclined to do 1000 trial run and calculate a failure percentage. Seems high given how fast it showed up.

3 Likes

Something similar happened to me the other day but can’t remember the specifics of it, I just remember feeling like it was bugged, however a few of those videos could be attributed to latency issue but perhaps devs should look into it better

She’s had this bug since she went live and Blizzard never fixed it :disappointed:

The worst feeling is when Zarya right clicks you straight through your shield and obliterates you

1 Like

Meh. I’m still more mad when I’m looking dead at dvas bomb with ample time but still get murdered :woman_shrugging:t5: symm toss a shield was more consistent lol

1 Like

Shatter is broken, so is charge btw
Reinhardt has been broken with bugs and hitbox issues since release.

I got shattered on a highground (4 meters above the shatter) less than a month ago, I don’t know why fixing Reinhardt is such a problem but I guess it just is.

This has been happening to me a lot lately, I put up my shield and the Hanzo still kills me.

Kinda stupid.

It was a bug…just not a voice line bug.

Hold on. Does this mean that the “paper shield” Brig claims are right???

I blame latency on a few of these and never hop an explosion ever is all ill say. If you do that youll be fine.

None of these are with holding a shield like a full second ahead of being hit and all bringing shield up last second. Kill cams are always different than what happened on your screen.

Acceptable if I didn’t run into this issue specifically on brig more frequently than on rein, or even old symm toss a shield.