They say CHEATERS don't exist at lower tiers

KMT4VF
Cheater 76 using Aimbot/Wall hacks
Starts at 1m 44 sec . This player starts on Roadhog first but that’s not a fun hero to cheat on. Switches to 76. Before 3min into the match you can witness plenty of his hack skill. You know wall hacks are involved when their target ducks behind wall cover and the aim bot’s cross hairs and gun fire continue along the wall/cover.
This game is CANCER.
What’s really confusing is nobody on my team thought this was hacking? but it’s so obvious lol

6 Likes

cheaters in low ranks need to climb so ya they exist.

1 Like

Who says that? I see people cheating in about 25% of comp games in Bronze/Silver. Some using wall hacks, some using autoaim, some using both. It’s probably 50% of games, but I only notice half of them.

I mean, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2La5CNyAxIs . This is GM, and in this instance, the account was banned and the game stopped, but this is only one time in ten, and only because emong was livestreaming.

Anyone without 152K subscribers is SOL. They really can’t do anything, it would be too expensive. The only way to address the issue of cheating is to address the psychological impetus for cheating. But that would mean fixing the game somehow.

3 Likes

Or IP-banning cheaters as soon as they’re reported, that could certainly slow them down, rather than account bans which do nothing when they have 40+ alts to fall back on.

3 Likes

I used to moderate a game server. IP-Banning is ineffective. Turn the modem off and back on again, new IP address. Ban /32 and you will get a LOT of complaints from legitimate accounts who got caught up in that. Not to mention, you can play OW through a VPN. It’s not pretty, but perfectly OK if you have auto aim software.

4 Likes

Some people are so bad at this game, they cant even rank up with cheats😂

2 Likes

i’ve seen cheaters at all ranks so i agree here.
the worst are the stacks.

in a typical cheat stack, there will be 1-2 designated cheat accounts.
1 of them will wallhack and comms to the other who will be on aimbot toggle.
the idea being it’s less sus if the person flickshotting isn’t the same person tracking thru walls. bonus points for having sum1 in the stack go hanzo and pretend like sonic was always up

actual cheats are an absolute plague

but then again in bronze there is a lot of aim-assist tech
several patents on dda, where hitreg/box are adjusted on the fly to keep kids popping off, thinking they’re good and maybe stay with the franchise, while punishing over-performers with smaller/harder registrations. the dda also talks about rigging other in-game params, just fyi

5 Likes

It’s kind of strange the concept of cheating, how can one feel good about ranking up if they are not actually of that rank, do they even play afterwards and just get demolished? Is it because if they get demolished they use the cheats to get back to that rank?

It’s strange…

1 Like

Once upon a time (in a Diamond game), I was playing on Gibraltar and getting absolutely rolled by this Widowmaker player.

No matter what I tried, couldn’t outplay them. Tracer, Hanzo, widow vs. widow, coordinating with my Winston player….

Nothing….

I showed the replay to my scrim coach.

He watched like 60 secs of the footage and told me the dude was using both wall hacks (always knew where Winston was coming from) and some weird hack where you drag your crosshair across the head hit box and it fires (can miss but depends on setting).

Every time the guy would kill someone, he’d T-bag them. Our main tank player got extremely upset and was raging in chat while the hacker kept saying “mad cuz bad.”

Some people are desperately envious of people with real skill :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Trigger bot. Was the first hack I saw in OW. Trivial to program, because the stupid cross hair changed shaped when it went over a target. The bot simply watched a small box in the middle of the screen, and when it observed the x-hair changing, sent a mouse click. You could just sweep across a player and it would fire.

When that bot came out, there was some change made on the servers that flagged any Widow with > 47% accuracy, so the bot makers modified it to miss 53% of the time. You could tell who was using it, because their accuracy was always exactly 47%.

so the bot makers modified it to prng an acc between 40 and 47?

This was years ago, so the details have faded. But whenever I was suspicious I would check the player’s accuracy, and it was invariably 47%. Seems strange now, I’m sure there are plenty of Widows now with better accuracy than that, but at the time that must have been outside of 1-2 standard deviations, so if they were reported it would be immediately flagged if > 47.

I suppose the devs eventually caught on to that, so it was probably modified as you say to be prng rather than capping it at 47. At any rate, the player still had to sweep the mouse themselves, so the trigger bot was largely replaced by the aimbot, although in my research I’ve come across aimbots that use both autotracking and trigger to mimic flicking.

1 Like

i’ve suspected the anti-cheat tech might interlope various fake frames to trigger the crude aimbots. almost like real-time honeypot.

in my research the cheats mostly run kernel/driver level, interdict gpu framebuffer and i/o, etc. So the goodguys counter with all the real-time warden/agent process monitoring stuff. A full bogdown, that makes ur pc run really slow and make overwatch so unplayable, that u may as well require an aimbot to even compete with all the micro-stutter and framedrops.

but i wondered if the server wouldn’t send fake frames or weird state updates to fool or spoof the client, almost like having targets be rendered out of step. so ur aimbot thinks it’s shooting the head but the head isn’t there, it’s a few pixels off. Almost like lag, and basically catching the bot red handed. Then ofc there is all the offline and flagged-for-review stuff, following up on reports with possibly AI to detect non-human or programatically assisted aim.

making matters worse is the likelihood that there are elements of aim-assist and dda baked into the engine, for the sake of accessibility, diversity and inclusion. they want the underperforming casual to reg a few hits now and then, or get away with 1hp because their hitbox suddenly went to 0pixels, all the in the interest of playing nice playing fair?

1 Like

Define accuracy….

1 Like

This ^ I see this when I’ve got someone boxed into a corner. I can put 600 dmg into them and nothing registers. It’s not really a game, it’s a social engineering engine.

2 Likes

When I first started playing, you could click on the player and see their hit accuracy. Not my definition, Blizzard’s.

So there’s different types of accuracy across different heroes.

In the case of Widowmaker, checking her accuracy actually doesn’t tell you anything. Checking the ****** ********* *** accuracy is how you determine an aimbot or not.

You answered the question correctly so that’s the point I was making.

2 Likes

I always hear people saying this, but they never show evidence

1 Like

Next time it happens, I will save the replay. What do you need this evidence for? It might just be a bug. This game is full of bugs.

That’s my point, it is not necessary rigged as some people try to claim

1 Like