They ruined Ana

Yeah it was always broken, people are unaware, but its huge.

It takes dmg off every tick so it takes a decent portion off her damage as a whole. It makes shooting targets with armor useless, and makes Brigitte hard to 1v1 on top of her bad design already.

Just stop

Yeah, its true a class like Widow is rewarded highly for headshots, but look at what Widow does compared to Ana. Widow is ONLY dmg. Ana is also high utility value. Headshots would either make her have heavy nerfs to utility, or cause the headshots to be under-powered. Its not worth it.

The reason Ana works is because of her impact with utility & combined with her impact on her rifle dmg.

80 dmg is fitting, and just fix her armor. Don’t ask for reworks she doesn’t need!!! Reworks are last resort. Fix her kit & look at problems in her kit before asking for a rework she doesn’t need.

Ana is the only support I main cuz I like projectiles and predictive aim than normal hitscan aim(her whole kit is made of projectiles and even a kid can scope hitscan aim a body shot). The reason why her shots are doing dot damage is because it’s the best alternative the devs can design to make a support who can snipe have no absolutely no fall off damage. The dot damage is meant to protect tanks who are far away. If your demands for armor are to be met then likely she will get her damage fall off or make her scoped shots also into complete projectiles.

Hitting a dva miles away with 75 damage is hanzo levels of overpowered damage. Her weakness are meant to be or else her rewards of no damage fall off will be taken away. I wish Ana to compete with a main healer and most of us want either healing or utility to make it better but these suggestions just break Ana into a dps. We don’t want another no damage fall off high speed moving projectile hanzo in the game even though I would love to see Ana in the top.

1 Like

i dont think giving her 80 damage fixes her problems…

the big problem in this game is called " barriers ".
I know blizzard loves barriers so we ( supporters ) have to deal with it.
Barries will stay like they are so we need give Ana other buffs.

Give Ana one of this not all:

• change life to shield -> 50-125 shield for sustain
  • give her heal while healing (same like reaper but shooting allies; 15-20% gain health for each shot on ally)
  • give her better CC -> make sleep hitscan and it needs XX damage for wake them up.

idk why i had my hopes up with the last buffs…like, the bigger clip is nicer, but the piercing does nothing for me since most of the time people in front of me have taken chip dmg anyway…so i’d rather have prehealing available lol…also, as someone who has a lot of hours on both Mercy and Moira…i still swap to them cause they’re easier and more rewarding than Ana, even tho Ana is more fun to play but it’s freakin pointless :c

I feel like its gonna be hard to balance her without making other supports lives difficult. If ana becomes meta then that means anti nade becomes meta and that basically means no other support can compete against her because none of them have the utility she does.

I dont think the devs are afraid of creating a tank meta, I think they are just struggling to find a way where she can be a very viable option without outclassing every other support in the proccess.

Why would we be angry? The OP has a valid point. Why should an easily accessible hero like Mercy get a high reward ability when Ana’s abilities are inconsistent with lengthy cooldowns?

6 Likes

Yes and no. While they both have the same mechanics of aiming (with Moira’s being more forgiving) the purpose of both are different.

Zarya is meant to deal damage as a bruiser, and as such, needs to deal tons of damage whilst being limited to a short range with less leniency on aiming.

Moira is meant to deal damage so she can replenish her healing resource as a vampire healer, and as such, needs to have a long range whilst having low set damage with self heal when damaging to compensate for this.

As someone who is both a Zarya and Moira main, both can be argued for having the same difficulty, but this doesn’t equal the same requirements for said maximum effectiveness… if that makes any sense.

1 Like

Compared to every other support, Ana has the least survival capabilities. An ult that can’t save her, low dps, no mobility, long cds, and no passive healing. Personally, I don’t think her damage back to 80 will do enough (60 was litterally terrible and 70 is far more bearable, but why not just match her healing with 75). Ana needs to a self healing passive. She has no passive so why can’t she have better survivability (that every support gets multiple of) because she shouldn’t have to waste her grenade to self heal all the time.

The worst thing that could happen is Bliz decides to rework Ana. She is fun because of her kit; it can be rewarding even though it’s difficult. She needs a less punishable weakness. range and sleep dart can’t make up for her self sustain when so many heroes have mobility, the maps are designed against snipers, and other supportscam heal themselves (or run/kill/cc) reliably.

2 Likes

Maybe Ana is high ceiling, but normally this would accompany the fact that a hero should have high benefits when mastered. So far, Moira and Mercy have kits that allows them benefit from the fight whilst still avoid any danger that comes their way, the same could be applied for our other snipers (maybe excluding the current Hanzo).

Ana is really the only oddball to both since she doesn’t have any movement options like the healers, nor does she have the damage options like the snipers. The devs need to either pick one or both if we ever want to see Ana stand out from the rest.

The only rework I might like to see is how her cooldown for Sleep Dart functions. Based on an idea I saw a while ago, it works like this: Sleep Dart has a 7 second cooldown, the new feature is that the cooldown doesn’t start unless the target has awoken.

I kinda like this idea for the fact that if you miss the Sleep Dart, you get your cooldown back quickly, and if you land it without anyone waking them, it is still the same 12 seconds of waiting for the next Dart like the current cooldown.

Other than having Bionade being 8 seconds again and what you’ve mentioned with the 80 dmg, this is all that Ana needs.

2 Likes

Ana is garbadge atm and 10 extra dmg will not change that.
Suggestion are very meh.
Let sleepdart go through barriers instead and she might accualy be played.
Or let nade instantly knock of all armor.

In reality what they should do is get rid of Ana’s giant “kill me” tracers. I have other ideas for her too, but I think removing the tracers would be a good start and we could reevaluate from there.

2 Likes

Every point of damage, every bit of ult charge, and every second waiting for a cooldown or spent reloading matters with Ana. It’s just how she plays and it’s always been like this.

And Ana isn’t actually that bad atm, rez and Brigitte are both overpowered and oppressive to team comps that Ana would do well in.

2 Likes

:spider_web: I personally think being able to heal through shields would have more of an impact than more damage but eh :man_shrugging:

I just tried to play Ana today.And had a realization.I love her chracter,I love playing her.But no wonder not so many people play her.If they can just play other supports which are better at doing her job and require way less skill.

2 Likes

I strongly dislike any argument that says no she shouldn’t have 80 dmg for 2 reasons.

1.) People are unaware of what this actually does for Ana even though this helps a lot – ONLY if the player is good.
2.) People make severely poor arguments like she shouldn’t 2 shot tracer because they assume support means healer, ez counter.

Ana has no mobility, DOT dmg, line of sight reveal, utility on cool-downs / team priority (etc). She has every reason to have 80 dmg, and gives the enemy time to react.

Look at how easy the majority of dps can actually 2 shot Tracer, where as with 80 dmg it turns into a 4 shot. If thats not enough, look at how all of the support category has ease of killing Tracer over Ana.

She deserves 80 dmg / armor vs dmg fix. After that debate, but what I ask with 80 is a MUST. No debate there. Its her design and she NEEDS it.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain why Ana’s nade is considered so powerful? It stops healing for 4 seconds. So it stops a Mercy from healing the target (currently the #1 pick). Effectively it removes 60hps from the target.

You know what else removes 60hps from the target? Discord, and Mercy right click if it’s used on a decent DPS. How? If you amplify 200dps by 30% you get 260dps. Effectively removing 60hps from the target. That is the same as the grenade.

The grenade lasts 4 seconds with a 10 second CD, Discord and Mercy right click are infinite and no CD.

3 Likes

Remember when Ana and Mercy mains wouldn’t hesitate to tear each other’s throats out?

That said Ana needs help, badly.

Moira does require aim. Her aiming reticle is just like reaper’s reticle.

Try this one on for size. Ana Bionade has an additional effect on herself, which is that it reduces her cooldowns (fiddle with the numbers as desired). Now you will feel more free to use it to save yourself, AS WELL AS having a method to get more frequent Sleep Darts.

What do you think sirs?

My statement above:

Above would be nice, but there’s other things that may help too. Maybe give her some sort of mobility option like they did for Hanzo. Hanzo is a sniper and has lunge now which helps a lot in re-positioning and getting away from flankers. This would severely help Ana with flankers like Tracer/Genji.